Latest on Vision Air - D328 Operator out of North Vegas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I have an instructor buddy who is looking to relocate back to the Vegas area. Any know much about Vision Air the D328TP operator out of North Vegas? I have read some previous posts and I gather not many happy people there. Evidently the owner is not well liked (no different than most regional/charter operators).

What I am looking for: newhire pay estimate on the D328, QOL and days off per month for Vision Air. Do pilots get hired into the D328? Is North Vegas the only pilot domicile? I know that they are expanding and adding a few cities here and there.

Thanks - PMs are welcome too.

Sounds like they are looking for qualified pilots...I just missed the last ground school by like a day. Called and emailed a resume, they sounded interested, but school had already started that week. This was about 2 weeks ago. They told me they were hoping to run another class in a couple of months, but their last one before this was 5 months back, so its hard to tell.

Sounds like they are looking for qualified pilots...I just missed the last ground school by like a day. Called and emailed a resume, they sounded interested, but school had already started that week. This was about 2 weeks ago. They told me they were hoping to run another class in a couple of months, but their last one before this was 5 months back, so its hard to tell.

That's good intel. I would think QOL and newbie pay would have to be decent due to the competitive market (500 hr pilots getting hired onto RJs) - but I have been wrong before. Any info on QOL, days off per month (schedule), and newbie pay would be helpful. Also, anyone know how many D328TPs and D328Js they have? Is North Vegas the only pilot domicile?

I have heard the D328TP is fun to fly too.

I don't know about QOL or pay...I just know I would like to return to Vegas and they seemed like a good opportunity. Any more info people could post would be appreciated as well.

The 328tp is a great plane to fly. All the old 328tps at Vision are ex-Air Wisconsin/ Maxair aircraft. Great performer for high altitude and hot airports. Dont know anything about Vision itself.

Folks - don't get sidetracked. At the end of the day it's just another crappy regional gig. Sure some pluses here and minuses there...but in the end it's no $100,000 gig with 25 days off.

I sent in a resume 4 times, they e-mailed me once after about 1 year, by then I caught a decent corporate gig. Again - the basics...another regional trying to make it in a cut throat biz.

Do you know where to send a resume??

Folks - don't get sidetracked. At the end of the day it's just another crappy regional gig. Sure some pluses here and minuses there...but in the end it's no $100,000 gig with 25 days off.

I sent in a resume 4 times, they e-mailed me once after about 1 year, by then I caught a decent corporate gig. Again - the basics...another regional trying to make it in a cut throat biz.

It's not a job I would want personally, but I could see how some people who want to live in the Vegas area might want to get some good experience flying a fast turboprop with a great glass cockpit to some nice destinations. It doesn't sound like the perfect job by any means, but it could be interesting and a good way to build time for newbies.

My instructor buddy is still interested in this operation, but I continue to suggest other regionals in the area (i.e., Skywest). Any additional informaton would be appreciated... PMs are welcome.

Latest resources

Back