Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give us some credit.

Nobody actually believed the focus group (or, before it, the CAB) would accomplish anything significant. It's been almost universally derided as monkey shine, and rightly so. Also, I would argue that the real leaders among the pilot group have stayed well away from it.

I have no doubt many of your pilots know what's going on, but not all of them. I only wanted to highlight the significance of this "focus group", because I've seen some pilots -particularly in a few of the Avaintair threads- speak admiringly of their version of one of these groups.

We had one of these at Flops, once upon a time, before our pilots got wise. Story I heard was they spent about six months preparing a proposal to present to the CEO to (fix all the problems) only to be patted on the head and sent packing. That was even before the price of darkness MS came along. Funny thing was some of the guys on that committee ended up on the union organizing committee.

All I'm saying is there is an arc to these things and your management seems to feel that, at this point union-avoidance consultants are necessary. The funny thing is these kinds of consultants usually end up making adversaries out of the pilots and their management.

Can't making money busting unions if their is no union to bust.

The sad thing is

Whoever this self proclaimed "leader" of the focus group is no better than the last leader of the CAB. If you read his posts, he is saying exactly what management wants. This dude is even trying to moderate what is said on BB. WTF! These guys were elected by pilots to represent the pilots but it looks like one of our fleets screwed the pooch on this dude.

Give us some credit.

Nobody actually believed the focus group (or, before it, the CAB) would accomplish anything significant. It's been almost universally derided as monkey shine, and rightly so. Also, I would argue that the real leaders among the pilot group have stayed well away from it.

If/when the furloughed folks come back, do they start at year one pay, whatever the left at, or whatever they would be at had they been continually employed? Anyone know?

When I got the phone call from TC last year, I asked these exact same question's. I was told we would receive longevity credit for vacation and 401K contribution/match. When I asked again about credit for pay, he said he was not sure and that he would have to get back to me. I have yet to hear anything further, but my guess is there will be some sort of change to the equation. Maybe go back at current longevity -1 year or maybe even start over at year one pay. We really have no choice but to accept what they offer. I guess you could refuse the job, but that would be kind of stupid in this job market.

On another note. What is this "focus group?" Someone mentioned this is the CAB in a new dress and prettier lipstick. Exactly what is the groups intention's?

Whoever this self proclaimed "leader" of the focus group is no better than the last leader of the CAB. If you read his posts, he is saying exactly what management wants. This dude is even trying to moderate what is said on BB. WTF! These guys were elected by pilots to represent the pilots but it looks like one of our fleets screwed the pooch on this dude.

The gig was up as soon as they came out with the list of topics, all of which were selected by Dave and Fred. None of them was what anyone would consider especially pressing. Crew expenses. Meals. Jackets. Who gives a tinker's damn? What about day-one travel? Conspicuously absent.

The Focus Group was a failure. The amount of interest, of "buy-in," among the pilot group was abysmal this time around.

If Waterview doesn't realize that (and something tells me they do ...), they're high.

If/when the furloughed folks come back, do they start at year one pay, whatever the left at, or whatever they would be at had they been continually employed? Anyone know?

Nobody knows, but I'll speculate, based on a fact. I got my statement from Computershare for my ESOP stock. It shows that shares have continued to vest over the last quarter. That means we are still considered employees. So, I would speculate that worst case scenario we get credit for the time served: If you had 20 months in when furloughed, you'll be 2nd year and move to 3rd about 4 months later.

That's just my best guess. Moving everyone back to Day 1 would hurt morale. Giving everyone credit for the time gone would be expensive. I bet on the middle ground.

(Don't forget about the two pay raises since the furlough.)

I'm bored so I'll reply to your thoughts.

Flex wife, you're ignorant of what is going on, and I hope you would educate yourself before you decide to speak on this board again.

(Man, that was hard not to tell her to go get back on her dance pole, but I did it.)

geesshh, I could tell you your wife was gorgoeus, you are awesome and all I ever wanna be when I grow up is you, but you'd still find a way to disagree with me.

Does management deserve some credit - sure and I'm willing to give credit where credit it due. But just because nothing has happened to you personally that makes you nervous doesn't mean it hasn't happened to other people. I'd love to talk specifics but every time i'm willing to I get slammed or threatened.

You don't want a seat at the table that determines your future so be it but stop being so angry that others do. And I'm glad that other people here were helpful in pointing out that it's when you figure out you need a union it's already too late...

Before you attacked me I was simply responding to someones post saying that a union has no chance at flex. That should make you happy dog. Or are you just trying to make sure Waterview knows your position (speaking of CYA)?

Latest resources

Back