Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJFlyer

What does anyone think?

Not a real rosy picture for the upcoming year regarding furloughs.. Although not on the "board" yet, "if" they were to happen we don't anticipate them happening until 3rd or 4th qrt. this year.....

Kinda like happened this year.

Average of 300 a/c used on a givin day. Not including crewed but not used a/c....Also, we are getting close to the contractual 5per a/c. AND we are in the process of getting rid of 120 a/c OVER the next 5 years!

Sounds to me like the 5 year plan is to shrink over those 5 years and then hopefully rebuild? So that leaves 5 years of furloughs and then what? Possibly a slow rebuilding nowhere near what what we saw in the previous years.

Also, sounds a bit like we are basically using 300 a/c give or take.. And at 5 crews per plane...........Yup that will eventually be 1500 pilots plus some extra thrown in for good measure. I'll give it 1700 pilots just to be optimistic...

I know thats not being very positive but, other than "Surveys show 75% of you love us and the job we're doing" (being a little overboard with that one but still...) that's the general message I pulled from the very end of the 411.

Of course the data the union used was from December, which in economic time frames can be an eternity ago, they don't forecast any better numbers from the company in the next report...

Oh well, atleast the furlough situation was mentioned.. better than not knowing...Of course I expect the usual.."this is why your not allowed on the msg. board anymore" crowd..Or possibly the " your giving away NJA secrets and now none of you will receive weekly updates...":p

I'm done wasting brain activity over it....

Hope nothing else bad happens there for the sake of those left.

OMG! More confidential information leaked on to FI! You must stop. People are going to think NJA isn't that great after all. You're ruining it for all the pilots that are still there! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What ever happened to WB's statement...

... We do not believe at this point that further downsizing will be required ...

Seems pretty short lived to me. So is it still true that ...

... the company is now solidly profitable ...
?

or was that all BS too?

Profit is just a figure of speech....Any company can show a profit when it feels necessary.....like when

The Marquis jet founder was on CNBC saying everything was going great.(hmmm sounds a bit like trying to trump up the company so someone will bite the bullet and purchase them)...All we've heard for the last year is how crappy they got hit by the economy..

and in the latest 411 it talks about how we (NJA) is in the crapper becuse of how many a/c marquis returned to NJA...(yet another great clause in their purchase contract!!)

And if Marquis were to return more a/c it would certainly mean more furloughs...Sounds like our business model ran on absolutely zero return of a/c by anyone... ( I know it's not true but certainly feels that way)

So basically unless everything runs absolutely smooth for the next few years, there will be more cuts.....Or threat of cuts or whatever...good luck new bottom 300 or so.

BTW, more rats jumping ship.. Head of training took another job somewhere.. He was only there since '07.. Yup he definitely found a better gig and was not shown the door, or saw the door coming..:laugh:

I cannot believe you guys are going to start this BS again.... "I heard 800" "I heard 500" "I heard 700" "I heard 900".... We just furloughed and I'm already starting to hear to BS again....

It won't be long before someone comes on here and says "I heard from a reliable source that ___________" ....... that train might be late but it always gets here

Last edited:
I heard from a reliable source that my a$$ hurts after what NJA did to it.

Give it a rest boys. It is what it is, and it sucks until it doesn't.

I cannot believe you guys are going to start this BS again.... "I heard 800" "I heard 500" "I heard 700" "I heard 900".... We just furloughed and I'm already starting to hear to BS again....

It won't be long before someone comes on here and says "I heard from a reliable source that ___________" ....... that train might be late but it always gets here

Don't like it, don't read it. You do realize your logging into flightinfo right?? The dictionary term for Flightinfo is......"useless and baseless gossip and rumors perpetrated by either disgruntled or furloughed employees. Once in a while there will be usefull info posted but it will most certaintly be accompanied by flamebait and pilots of other companies calling each other losers or some other derogatory term."

really it says it in the Webster-Merriam.....look it up.

Latest resources

Back