Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Simple Man

Hello,

A friend of mine and I were recently discussing which company had the largest flight department in terms of number of aircraft and/or pilots. Walmart seemed to be the winner with their fleet of aircraft in Arkansas. Are there any other contenders out there?

And, before I get berated, I fully agree with the concept that bigger doesn't necessarily mean better in terms of job security, quality of life, etc. Everyone knows that somewhere out there, in some airport far away, in some anonymous hangar, there's a couple of guys who fly a G550 around a few days a month for an owner who pays an exorbitantly high salary.

Thanks.

Saudi Aramco has a lot.

I think I would pass on them due to QOL (or lack thereof). The Kingdom would NOT be the residence of choice for this infidel. That would be due to the summer heat, the lack of beer, women that never show skin in public, and the off change of getting kidnapped or shot by some religious fanatic.

Give me Arkansas any day. Hehe :beer:

Everyone knows that somewhere out there, in some airport far away, in some anonymous hangar, there's a couple of guys who fly a G550 around a few days a month for an owner who pays an exorbitantly high salary.
Ha! I know a dept. that fits that description perfectly... G550 and all. They're hangared a few miles from my house.

Ha! I know a dept. that fits that description perfectly... G550 and all. They're hangared a few miles from my house.

Really ?!?!? Where can I send a resume to them?

Remember too that the aircraft manufactures have thier different flight departments (Eng. Flight test, Production flight test, Demonstration, Delivery). Plus, multiple aircraft of each model produced.

Latest resources

Back