Lancair Flap Settings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Propnose

Just doing some research, and wondering if someone can tell me what the flap settings are on a Lancair and/or an RV-6?

Thanks

The RV series use a mechenical method to extend the flaps(piper tribe style), the Lancair series use hydraulics and has a inifinit amount of flap settings as long (0-full travel) by selecting the flap handle down until the desired setting and then returning it to neutral.

Actually, the RV-series is now offered with the electric flaps standard (like an old Cessna 150). Hold the switch down 'til you get your desired level of deflection. Van's also sells a preselect switch that will give you, I think, 10-25-40 (might be wrong on those #'s)

fb

V1cutsrfun said:
The RV series use a mechenical method to extend the flaps(piper tribe style), the Lancair series use hydraulics and has a inifinit amount of flap settings as long (0-full travel) by selecting the flap handle down until the desired setting and then returning it to neutral.

Cessna did that Lancair thing for a while, and I thought it was a royal pain in the butt... When I flew them I missed the piper / floor shifter style manual flaps that never break. They got rid of it luckily for the decent version they use now.

Latest resources

Back