• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lagos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a wonderful place! Remind me to never go there!

Nope - not me... I bought this one from the special edition Airplane!
I can't believe you didn't win it after bidding $75! How much did it go for? I will gladly sell you mine for 75 bucks! :)

I am not sure what the weirdo's max bid was.

I was going to buy it for a friend as a joke and I was starting to get pissed. I threw $75 bucks out with 15 seconds to spare to see if I could get it.

Thank goodness I did not. I really did not want it that badly.

I wonder what the expats at Virgin Nigeria have to say about getting by in Lagos?

Need2fly,
thanks for the info. i found out the Lagos ATL on SAA is no longer in service. We ended up using TAP out of Lisbon. Hope I can avoid Nigeria all together because of my "lack of experience."
TXGold

The South African airways flight was only a tech stop for fuel out of Jburgh going to ATL. SA would stop in Cape Verde for fuel, no one was allowed off the airplane and others weren't allowed to board. But, security was always sure to bring the dogs onboard to search the aircraft while fueling. You have to go Lisbon, then on to the states. Spent time in Cape Verde for a crew swap, wasn't rested when the jet got there, not as bad as what I am reading about Lagos, but definitely not comfortable. Look into the history of Cape Verde and what its financial support historically has been. I have a friend who has been every where in his career flying Gulfstreams. Asked him where the worse place he has ever been for work, with out flenching Lagos came out and claimed it was "hell on earth" and refuses to go there ever again. Check to make sure your insurance coverage will cover Lagos, worldwide does not mean everywhere, ie there are about 10 specific places it does not cover and I believe Lagos is one of those.

Check with SAA, when I flew on them from ATL to JNB I remember some people getting off in Cape Verde, but I'm not sure if anyone got on the jet there.

I'd avoid Lagos if I could... A repo to Dakar or Cape Verde is probably a good idea. I guess the CO guys can look forward to this layover pretty soon!

I fly with a bunch of South Africans who have done lots of contract work in Africa, and said out of all the places, Lagos was one of the worst and theyd never go back, too corrupt, etc.

BTW, i think DAL is starting ATL-JNB sometime soon, with an overnight stop in Dakar. And if im not mistaken, I think ATL-DXB is coming sometime next year. Anyone have any specifics on those trips?

Lagos sucks. I'm sitting here at home sick right now from two weeks worth of flying in and out of there. Breathed in enough smoke from the trash fires down thereI could have smoked three packs of unfiltered dog ******************** and it would have been better for me.
The Sheraton is the best place to stay. It is about 20 minutes. The food and ber is good, but expensive. The water is okay to shower and wash, but don't brush your teeth or drink it. The Eko Beach resort is nice too but is a harrowing, treacherous 2 hour drive through some of the worst sections of the city you will find.
Everything there is crooked. We are handled by DHL there so we don't see alot of the problems a private operator would encounter.
Tell your boss to fly First Class on any of the European carriers that go there instead of risking his own jet.

Lagos is where airplanes go to die.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back