Kingair Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mike1mc

Looking for any experiences with various Kingair Training Centers or other programs...

SimCom
Simuflite
FlightSafety

Other reccommendations?

I had a very good experience at Simuflite's BE-350 program last year. Very knowledgeable instructors and smooth flow to the curriculum. Highly recommended IMHO.

SK :cool:

I have been to FSI in Wichita twice and it was great both times. It was for the BE-20.

Just my 2 cents.

For the 200 series and lower you can't go wrong with simcom. Plus all their instructors have to have time in the aircraft. Unlike FSI and Simuflight where they read just from the book.

Diesel said:
For the 200 series and lower you can't go wrong with simcom. Plus all their instructors have to have time in the aircraft. Unlike FSI and Simuflight where they read just from the book.

I can't speak for the lower models of King Air but our main instructor for the 350 at Simuflite had about 5000 hours in all different types of King Air including the BE-99 and BE-1900. All the others had some kind of King Air experience as well.

SK:cool:

Last edited:
Flight safety in lakeland florida was very good. it was more expensive than simcom but the training was quality.

I have done BE-200 training at both Simcom and Simuflite and have been pleased with both. All of my instructors at both places have had substantial experience in the actual aircraft. Simcom is cheaper, has small classes (max 2 folks), and you'll have the same instructor throughout ground and sim. Their sim also has a GPS in it which is nice.

Simuflite has a full-motion sim, but it doesn't have GPS (they were talking about adding it) so you're flying the old-fashioned way ... a big change from our dual-IFR GPS cockpit. Larger classes, multiple instructors (I had two ground instructors and a third guy in the sim in a four-day recurrent.). All the instructors were knowledgeable with experience on the aircraft. Simuflite offers some "free" (included in course price) optional courses in the evening that can be interesting and informative ... we did a TCAS/GPWS module and a Security module at our last recurrent there.

Both places have good teaching materials (books, displays, etc.) that are good library material after you get back from the schoolhouse.

I like Simuflite better for the motion sim and the fact that Dallas is more fun to hang out in for a few days (but then I'm a Texan at heart), but either place will take good care of you, and they're both cheaper than FlightSafety. FSI does good work, but they do often have instructors with no experience on type. In my opinion, not worth the extra money.

R

You cannot go wrong with any of the three you mentioned, all will get the job done for you. Most of the people I have flown with would agree so take your pick. It is just a matter of personal preference. Each company has it's positives and negatives but they are very similar and all are very standardized. FSI is probably the most expensive.$$

I did my captain training (ground school & tests), and flight check with Markette & Associates but I believe your company has to have some sort of agreement with them to come in and do it. They are out of Indiana and will either come to you or you can fly plane out there to get the training done, all is done in aircraft and they do not waste any time so you pretty much have to be up to speed to go with them. For someone who is "captain" ready this is probably the quickest route to go but I believe it is costly as well.

3 5 0

Did my training for the B200 and C90 at FlightSafety in ATL. All the instructors had significant flight experience (one had over 5K in them) and were very knowledgeable. The sim training was excellent and thorough, and as you would expect included situations that you cannot safely accomplish in the airplane. I understand it was rather expensive, and that other companies can give you the same thing for less. I will say it was nice staying at home for training for a change.

Good luck with your decision.

SimCom only has Level 1 FTD, and this is unacceptable to our FSDO, so anyone have any other ideas on where to go for SIM training for the BE90 (besides FSI, Simulfite, and SimCom)?

I did find a company called Recurrent Training Center in Illinois. Anybody been there or heard of them? Also, TAB Express in DeLand, FL. I haven't heard good things about them though. These are also the guys that do that PFT program for the B1900. Thanks for any input!

Latest resources

Back