KingAir 200 Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sky4

Our flight dept is picking up a KingAir 200 and was wondering what the best school is for initial and recurrent training?

It has been a long time since I have been to KA 200 training. 15 years+.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm sure you will get lots of answers. It depends on cost, and location. Something from a large company like FlightSafety to a small company like Exec Flight Training.

You kind of get what you pay for - I think Flight Safety has the nicest facilities and usually good instructors but you will pay for it.... Id ask your insurance company who is approved and then go from there - There are a lot of guys who teach KingAirs...

Sounds dumb but I like going to FSI for my first training as they usually have the best checklists, handouts, and other material. Once you get comfy in the plane maybe a more 'local' school will do. The KA200 is one of my favorite's - have fun with it - she is a great bird!!

Simcom

Last May, Simcom was about 5k. Completely satisfied with the instructors, etc..

Older model classic KA200 - SimuFlite in Dallas
Newer B200 with ProLine 21 - FSI Wichita

Flight Safety and Simuflite are probably the best but you pay through the nose. Save your money and go to SIMCOM if you want good training, PrestoSim in Dallas if you want the bear minimum to satisfy the insurance.

You kind of get what you pay for - I think Flight Safety has the nicest facilities and usually good instructors but you will pay for it.... Id ask your insurance company who is approved and then go from there - There are a lot of guys who teach KingAirs...

Sounds dumb but I like going to FSI for my first training as they usually have the best checklists, handouts, and other material. Once you get comfy in the plane maybe a more 'local' school will do. The KA200 is one of my favorite's - have fun with it - she is a great bird!!

I agree! I did my initial BE200 training with FSI back in 2005 and everything about them was first rate. Since then, and just to appease the insurance companies, I've done some training at some others that didn't cost much, but I didn't receive much either. You do get what you pay for. Like them or not, FSI does have a reputation to live up to.

Latest resources

Back