Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pattern-Master

so get outta my way
Anyone out there right now thinking about getting into this retarded industry STOP!!!! Go check out schools that teach you trades, such as electrical, welding, or heating and cooling to name a few. As a poor flight instructor who is in debt beyond your wildest dreams please take this advice seriously. This country is hurting for qaulified technicians in these related fields. I will be attending school on heating and cooling myself part time here in a few months. Just consider this a friendly public announcement.

Flying is still a great career, there is an impending worldwide pilot shortage. This is still a career where you can still make $100K/kr and do something you like to do. Fly because you like to. BTW with 1900 hours how come you have not gone into the 135 world?

I sill enjoy flying, like my wife and I flying a cessna somewhere for lunch. I have decided not to go the carrer route because of fast food restraunt pay and silly work rules. And I just wanted to let especially confused younger individuals who have no idea, I see this on a daily basis, It was just a bit of advice, thats all.

Pattern-Master said:
Anyone out there right now thinking about getting into this retarded industry STOP!!!! Go check out schools that teach you trades, such as electrical, welding, or heating and cooling to name a few. As a poor flight instructor who is in debt beyond your wildest dreams please take this advice seriously. This country is hurting for qaulified technicians in these related fields. I will be attending school on heating and cooling myself part time here in a few months. Just consider this a friendly public announcement.

You suggest training for a job an illegal will do. Only for 40% of fair wage. I would suggest going back to school to become either an Attorney or a Medical Doctor. These two professions have the strongest unions. They control supply / demand. Engineering, etc is best left to the H1B visa types (chinese, indians). Our government has provided an unlimited source of cheap labor. They drone on and on about our "war on terrorism", yet you can walk into this country quite easily and without an $11 / hr TSA "screener" patting you down like a criminal. Amazing what the electorate sheep are willing to accept.

pilotyip said:
Flying is still a great career, there is an impending worldwide pilot shortage.

:laugh: BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

(*wipes tears*)

Jeeze man....you killing me...:laugh:

CE

If you had to work for free, what would you want to do? Take that decision and work from there. It never hurts to get some experience outside of aviation in case you want to take a break from it and try something else. Some people don't want to put up with the aviation lifestyle, others are happier than a pig in mud. I will agree that Flight Instructing is tough on the bank account, but 121 is not the only way to go. Best of Luck.

If being home all the time is high on your list of priorities, then flying is not a career to pursue. School teaching would be a great choice; they get more time off than an airline pilot, home every night, and in good places make around 80K per year. Have a fantastic union almost impossible to get fired. If you like to fly separation comes with the job. Watch out for the June 2007 hiring boom it is right around the corner. Those who hang in there are going to be rewarded. Fly because you like to.

Latest resources

Back