• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Key Lime Air--New updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bold parts are true based on what I've seen.

Quoted from TennJed:
DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT even think about gracing these clowns with your resume! If you have any self respect and value your hard-earned certs, you'd be a moron to go any where near this dumpster of an airline. Every member of management from the Pres to the secretary are all a bunch of lazy, self-serving, d-bags who run the 'business' using fear and intimidation. Nothing good will ever come from this nightmare. It's downright dangerous. The only pilots who are able to make a home here are breaking FARs on a daily basis. Either that or they have the balls to push back and/or make deals with the scumbags on the ramp. The only reason they pay on time is because they borrow tens of thousands of dollars every month from their equally stupid financial backer. The combined inteligence running this place is equal to that of a bag of hammers. There is no quality of life for pilots and duty times are constantly in question. A couple years ago several guys received LOIs in regard to rest period violations. All training is in-house and is clearly reflected in their accident history. Turnover in the maintenance dept is very high. Any wrenchturner with experience at the company has multiple violations. Those new mechs who come in to get some experience either run away or end up fired for not 'playing ball' the Key Lime way. Bottom line: You'd be better off a WalMart checker, stay away......

NOTE: All but one of the LOI's were recalled. Their POI was trying to look busy to his superiors...he was promoted.

Last edited:
They posted a Navajo VFR 135 PIC spot on climbto350. I'm not all that interested, but I'm short ~200 X-C hours to 135 IFR minimums and a VFR 135 spot looks alright if I can get out after 3-6 months without a training contract.

I might be wrong but I believe XC for 135 is anything airport to airport. The 50 nm is not require for 135 xc.

Don't believe everything you read, the negative people are always the most vocal. I've been with Key Lime for several years, I consider it one of the better 135 airlines. They provide furnished apartments with cable TV and crew cars at all the out-stations, as compared to making the pilots sit around the FBO all day. Pay is better than most. Upgrade to left seat of a twin turbine is faster than anywhere I know of, with the possible exception of Great Lakes. We are primarily a UPS contractor, which means that you won't get a huge amount of flight time, average maybe 750 hours/year. UPS also drives our schedule; if you're not familiar with the parcel carrier's schedule, better find out. It can work very well, depending on what you want and whether you're willing to relocate to a small town. Mx is good, training is improving. Metro time looks great in a logbook. We've had people go from here to the fractionals, Kalitta Air (747) etc. Depends on what you want to do. I'm not familiar with any Navajo VFR program; do you mean Navajo SIC program?

in order.

1. which other 135 outfits have you flown at? the only people i have heard say positive things about key lime are people who took their first job there, and are lacking a basis of comparison.

2. they get a crew apartment because it is cheaper than a hotel. being that you are getting your required rest during the day, they have to stick you somewhere.

3. pay is abysmal, and if you aren't making sure the checks aren't short, you ought to.

4. fast upgrades? depends on how many people just finished their contracts and can leave without being sued, or how many people were recently fired.

5. mx is a joke. just because they keep the paint up, doesn't mean anything beneath it is being looked at. of course i'm sure you've never seen, "ops check good, could not duplicate"

6. training is better? how can it be worse than, "here's a book, be ready to answer some questions in a week"?

op- stay away from that cesspool. your certificates and your well being aren't worth it.

is there anybody who works for the Lime right now that can input for QOL and work rules and all that good stuff? Im furloughed from a 121 carrier right now and looking for something to tide me over till call back. After talking to our union rep he said there are a few ways out of the training contract and he pretty much said if you can find a flying job, take it. Before i get flamed for the question, i would just appreciate the honest truth. I phone interviewed last week and just waiting for a call back. thanks guys in advance.

If you take the job, good luck! Really, I'd be interested to see if it's changed...my guess is that it has not.

You would also be getting in to the routes during the spring/summer. If you were in the Metro (depending on your total time) you would have plenty of time to get the single pilot thing down in relatively good weather.

Again, good luck!

Adisk, I'm currently working at Key Lime, and I stand by my previous post in the face of all the crap in the subsequent posts. In response to all those allegations, I would have to ask why the posters didn't file a report to the FAA if things were really that bad. I've previously worked for 2 135 companies: Airnet and Central Air Southwest. I'd say Key Lime is better than Central Air and not quite as good as Airnet. Pay is better than Great Lakes; we had one of their Brasilia captains come here because we paid better to fly a smaller plane. My current w2 says 49,300. That's second year Metro pay, including longevity bonus which you get a year after completing your contract. I think first year Metro pay is probably around 43K. I have personally refused aircraft for mx reasons on at least 4 occasions that I can think of off the top of my head, even at the last minute after all the freight was loaded. I've left freight behind to avoid flying over gross weight and zero fuel weight, even by as little as 200 lbs, and I've never had any backlash from the company about it. Like most things in life, it comes down to attitude. If you assume the worst about your boss and start screaming and cussing and threatening to call the FAA if he doesn't fix whatever the problem is, then he's probably not going to like you very much. By contrast, if you tell him the problem calmly and politely, and offer a workable solution, then everyone's life will be much happier, yours included. Key Lime is a small enough company that management gets to know everyone personally; they get a pretty good feel about who has a good attitude, and who's always looking to cause trouble. If you just do your job and extend the same respect to others that you expect from them, you'll do fine here.

As far as QOL, I'm sure they told you the schedule when you interviewed. It's not great, but it is pretty fixed, so you know what to expect, at least until the weather goes down. If you don't mind living at the outstation in some tiny town, you'll have a lot more home time. If you prefer to live in Denver, you'll spend half your weekends commuting back and forth. If you have any other specific questions, feel free to pm me.

How do you know that those complaining haven't already filed FAA complaints? Pilots tend not to brag about this particular action.

FAA Investigations in progress are not a matter of public record.

Nor do we know how many complained and were themselves threatened with violations should they not withdraw their complaint.

Food for thought...

Of course one is always careful to ensure they are legal, the paperwork is legal, and the plane is legal before the flight.

Last edited:
If you assume the worst about your boss and start screaming and cussing and threatening to call the FAA if he doesn't fix whatever the problem is, then he's probably not going to like you very much.

Absolutely true! I knew of no one who did this, by the way.

Isn't it true that Key Lime's POI used to be the Key Lime DO??? That may explain why an FAA report wouldn't go too far.

And do you guys still do average bay weights for the Metro??? Yeah, wicked smart......

Latest resources

Back