• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kent State University

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a couple friends who have gone there. They were pretty much dissapointed with the program. Usually it was just difficult to get the plane. Never could get anything done. One of my friends who went there ended finishing up his flying at American Flyers and ATP. I haven't really heard any good things about it honestly. Granted they do have that "bridge program" with ExpressJet, but I don't think that makes much of a difference. Most Kent State graduates come out only to instruct for a few more years. Your best bet is to major in something other than aviation, and do your flight training on your own. Get your CFI, instruct through college, and by the time you graduate you should have the hours. It's much cheaper this way. Good luck!

I heard the same thing that Canadair RJ heard about their program. I go to BGSU, same problems as Kent State with a few additional ones. Both OU and OSU have an aviation program and I heard OU's is decent. I suppose you are in ohio, and I don't know if you want to stay in the state, but Western Michigan has a great program as well as Purdue and they are not cross country. I know of others so PM me if you have any questions and/or you would like to know more.

Last edited:
Well, if you're from that area, you could aways go to Kent for a degree in something else and do your flight training with the ancient a-hole in the single-wide next door to Kent! Hhahahahaha.... just kidding, seriously don't. In fact, there really aren't many places in that area of Ohio worth giving your money.

I'm sure someone knows who I'm talking about. :uzi: :smash:

Why not find a flight school near Kent?

Why not go to Kent State, and do your flight training elsewhere? For the longest time I thought about going to a 141 college for my flight training, but after some research and tips from other pilots I decided otherwise. I fly out of Skypark Airport in Wadsworth Ohio, which is not far at all from Kent State. You could go there, and do your flying out of Skypark, or any other airport. We have the some of the cheapest rentals in the country and you never have trouble renting planes. www.skyparkaviatorsclub.com. Good luck!

Ah, good ol' Skypark. God's gift to aviation, or so they've told me. I'm suprised they don't also believe flying off a short runway gives them x-ray vision or some sort of other superpower.

Nova said:
Ah, good ol' Skypark. God's gift to aviation, or so they've told me. I'm suprised they don't also believe flying off a short runway gives them x-ray vision or some sort of other superpower.

Good ol' SkyPark......... Yesterday's aircraft, at yesterday's prices. Just don't ever let Dan see you using the landing light:)

Latest resources

Back