Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HAL

Hi all,

After reading a few posts lately asking about converting total time to night, or trying to resurrect incomplete logbooks I wanted to put my two cents in.

I know that to some it's a pain (unless you're kind of anal about such things like I am), and I certainly don't want to belittle those who decide not to keep a detailed logbook, but in today's industry you should probably wait until you're about 59 1/2 to decide to give up logging each flight. Just ask the 14 year TWA guys who are out doing the interview rounds. Or the 16 year USAirways guys doing the same. If you don't have the logbooks it will be much harder than necessary during your interviews. That's not to say the interviewers won't believe you, but do you really want to risk that when it's your career on the line?

Take the time to log each flight. Use one of those little red books if you don't want to fill out a big one. But keep track of total, instrument, ME, PIC, SIC, FE, night, and landings. You may not need it, but if you do, you'll always be thankful those records are there.

HAL

So that's what you need all those hotel pens for!!

Latest resources

Back