Kalitta Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dr. Gonzo

I have a friend going for an interview at Kalitta Charters. Looking for some info for him. Pay, schedule, training, interview and so forth. Thanks

135 ops

250 per week, no milage incentive for first 6 months, no pre-diem, no days off.

corrections...

I'm pretty sure about these:

After 6 months, $300/week guarantee, or $0.04/mile to go over guarantee if you're flying a lot. (I did it several times quite nicely).

Per diem if you're overnighting.

Wait time pay for passenger and air ambo flights. This is sporadic and unpredictable, just like the per diem.

Good equipment, excellent people, top notch training. They don't let you slack, it's still the hardest groundschool I've been through.

15 minute call out from YIP or Morristown, TN. Life on a pager can suck, but it's okay if you don't let it get you down and still live life when you're on call.

Lear 24, Good post and mostly correct except the perdiem part..Per diem is 1.50 per hour for every minute that you are away from your home base. PILOYIP on the other hand was off the mark on his response. Captains are on call Monday through Friday with 1 weekend duty per month (usually). Co- pilots are on a 2 0n- 1 week OFF schedule and has been that way for well over a year now. Granted, pay for Fo's can be challenging at times to say the least, and the pay for FO's is .04 cents a mile after 6 months and .08 cents after 1 year. We fly 3 different tyes of operations which include Air Ambulance, Passenger and Freight operations. We also employ our own medical staff for Air Ambulance Flights. Captain pay is substantially better with a new Captain upgrade starting at .13 cents a mile and as far as .16 and .17 cents a mile. We get alot of wait time here mainly due to the fact that we do lots of Air Ambo flights which guarantee wait time and most Passenger trips as well. If you like traveling to Europe, we do that too, on a regular basis..We fly our Lear 35 and 36 to Europe and is a lot of work, but Fun!

Thanks for your 2 cents.

Hey MissplacedTexan and Rubbernekk,

Thanks for your info but why don't you both lay off Pilotyip(not Piloyip). He was just trying to be helpful. Rubbernekk-If it wasn't so hot in the kitchen, you would still be in there...but you had to leave. MissplacedTexan-why don't you go back to your barstool at BW-3's and drink another beer...

CJ610

be nice

I was only passing along what I had heard from one of the pilots in our hiring pool who was a former Relient DA-20 F/O, he was called by KA and offered a job under the terms I posted here, he elected to stay in our pool and pass on the job. That is all I know, someone ask I posted what I knew. And in the end more information was fourth coming, which solves all the problems.

rubbernekk said:
cj610 life is good where i am at no more 1am call out and i dont have to be saying i am sick you can have some of my sick day hahahahahahaha :)

Can we have an English translation of your last 4 posts?

inline said:
Can we have an English translation of your last 4 posts?

Last 4?? Do a search for ANY of his posts. None are even the least bit understandable.

Last edited:
TrainerJet - I second that. I did a search on rubbernecks posts and they're all jacked up. It's like he's a 13 year old middle school student with those run-on sentences. No hard feelings rubberneck...I'm sure you're a swell fellow, but why do you write your posts like that?? just curious.

Latest resources

Back