• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think they cut us at 45 crews last time. you've summed it up well, with that math, we won't furlough, in fact we may hire to either plane.

My two billed muddy hen told me today, that we can expect one -400 basic boeing freighter by middle of Oct. the 2nd one will go through a C check first, probably online in November, and the ERF coming after the new year. Just sayin!

Bid cancelled. Supposed to be some info tomorrow about why, but rumor is that the airplanes are coming on property as fast as they first thought.

Someone probably figured out the can't fly and train guys at the sametime, that you need a training bubble. C-net is usually three or four airframes basically staffed around the clock for the month of Dec. Hard to do that if 25% of your FO's have left for training.

My two billed muddy hen told me today, that we can expect one -400 basic boeing freighter by middle of Oct. the 2nd one will go through a C check first, probably online in November, and the ERF coming after the new year. Just sayin!
Sooooooooo, what happened?

Reduced lift out there right now. When you are buying 100+ million dollar aircraft, you need to ensure you can fill them!

100+ million? Only the ERF cost that much, the rest have been in the twenty's and we are busy as all get on the 400 side of the house.

100+ million? Only the ERF cost that much, the rest have been in the twenty's and we are busy as all get on the 400 side of the house.

Not enough to justify three airplanes right now. That is what we were told as the bid was cancelled and potential purchase was cancelled or postponed. The head guy, NW, basically put a "gabash" on it for the immediate future.

Not enough to justify three airplanes right now. That is what we were told as the bid was cancelled and potential purchase was cancelled or postponed. The head guy, NW, basically put a "gabash" on it for the immediate future.

Should be looking for other avenues and not putting all the eggs with NW and DHL.

Latest resources

Back