• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just got furloughed from dayjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, I though DayJet was starting to pull it off. Are they thinking of going to single pilot? Where were you based-perhaps someone here can get you a lead on a job close to home. Sorry to hear about the out of senority too.

There was an owner in LA looking for a EA50 driver..not sure where but not too far from FL for those not tied down.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that, Skyrider. My sympathy and best wishes to you and your fellow pilots. At least when my husband was furloughed from American it was in accordance with union rules. It sounds like the process at DayJet (or the lack, rather) is adding insult to injury. Hopefully, another door will open for you as this one closes.
Good Luck!
Netjetwife

There have to be better jet jobs out there - both Part 135 and fractional. At least you guys got some time in an innovative aircraft that will be a lot more popular in the future. Chalk it up to a good experience and find a better paying gig...

WTF? They just posted jobs 4 days ago on BizJetjobs.com!!

Job InformationDate Posted: 5/2/2008
Company:DayJet Position:Eclipse 500 Captain's Position Type:Pilot - Fixed Wing Location:Boca Raton / Gainesville FL Salary:N/A

The eclipse jet is not innovative. It is the V-tail.

Nope.. thats the Cirrus Jet. At least it is EFIS time. Poor guys were not allowed in icing, never had a GPS, Never got into a upper flight level.

yeah, they were hiring till the last minute, i was a check airman at dayjet and just returned from albuquerque on sunday were we were running a new hire class on the simulators over at eclipse. Its pretty sad that they furloughed out of seniority, and let go of some of the guys who had been there since the beginning busting their tail, goes to show how full of crap they are, but what can you expect of a place where Mr. Don Osmundson is running the show, you former comair guys know what i mean!

For you Dayjet guys, I was recently laid off at Aloha and in the pool for Dayjet, so I know how you feel. I came across this post on Climbto350 hiring current and typed Eclipse driver, hope it helps.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]JETSAMERICA (Eclipse 500 Captains - (Arizona & Texas))
]

Web Site: http://www.jetsamerica.com
Bases are PHX and Houston.
[/FONT]

Why would you expect them to furlough in seniority order?

An excellent opportunity for the company. Find 50% of the guys they like best.... using whatever scale they want, and get rid of the undesirables.....

Corporate America, the one we all love.

Latest resources

Back