• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just a reminder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well they must of done something right back then as NWA where there biggest US customer with 100 orders, i think i was 1986.

And with over 2000 in service..not bad for a jet that crashed in the woods

Styles,

Please tell me you've seen that before, as that is probably one of the most common videos out there.

But I remember it spawning this terrible joke: (and why is it I can only remember crappy jokes?)

What is the difference between an A320 and a chainsaw? About a couple thousand trees per hour.....

Flame away!!

rchcfi said:
Styles,

Please tell me you've seen that before, as that is probably one of the most common videos out there.

But I remember it spawning this terrible joke: (and why is it I can only remember crappy jokes?)

What is the difference between an A320 and a chainsaw? About a couple thousand trees per hour.....

Flame away!!

Ya I have, I should of gave some background before running my mouth (BTW just got from the company xmas party last night when I posted it free booze!! I tend to be a bit lazy when I get back from a pisser).

What spawned it was a friend and I were in a discussion about flying cars for the general public and I said "it could not be done, technology is not there yet just look at the freeways! You want those people up there with you anyway?"

He said "with current technology it is possible, look at the autoland and current autopilot systems now, a new computer system can be devloped now a-days and will be able to fly, not the general public yada yada yada...."

I said " It's just not there yet and when it dose get there pilots will be out of job when a 16 year old kid can go down the local DMV takes a 5 min test and get a licensee. And remember this video!"

anyway sorry if it ticked someone off. But I'm good at that :)

I suppose the real issue would be Airbus' hard limits in the flight control system vs. Boeing's soft limits.

Hard limits designed to protect the pilot from himself may have sounded like a good idea, but there have been at least six accidents involving Airbus aircraft that could not have happened on a Boeing.

Have you ever heard Airbuses called the "John Wayne" of airplanes? Because they move mountains, chop down trees, and kill Indians.

EagleRJ said:
I suppose the real issue would be Airbus' hard limits in the flight control system vs. Boeing's soft limits.

Hard limits designed to protect the pilot from himself may have sounded like a good idea, but there have been at least six accidents involving Airbus aircraft that could not have happened on a Boeing.

Have you ever heard Airbuses called the "John Wayne" of airplanes? Because they move mountains, chop down trees, and kill Indians.

sorry if this is short im on the road but anywho Indians?

Probably a reference to several Airbus accidents on and near the Indian subcontinent.

Are you driving? Watch the road! Geeze- SMS is worse than cellphones....

EagleRJ said:
Probably a reference to several Airbus accidents on and near the Indian subcontinent.

Are you driving? Watch the road! Geeze- SMS is worse than cellphones....

ahhhh ok that makes sense then

no i was not driving my gf was, as soon as i left the driveway my iPaq 6130 beeped with an email from you via this board

love this new phone built in wifi and with gprs i can do everything like i could sitting at the computer a bit slower though

Styles said:
...What spawned it was a friend and I were in a discussion about flying cars for the general public and I said "it could not be done, technology is not there yet just look at the freeways! You want those people up there with you anyway?"

He said "with current technology it is possible, look at the autoland and current autopilot systems now, a new computer system can be devloped now a-days and will be able to fly, not the general public yada yada yada...."

I said " It's just not there yet and when it dose get there pilots will be out of job when a 16 year old kid can go down the local DMV takes a 5 min test and get a licensee. And remember this video!"

anyway sorry if it ticked someone off. But I'm good at that :)
When I was back home for Turkey day, I watched a show on The Discovery Channel (can't remember which one) about flying cars and "highways in the skies" and all that...

With the crazy stupid-ass people I see driving today, I hope this technology never comes around...on the other hand, there would be a lot less stupid-asses really quck...

I could see it happening though...until something goes wrong...

I'd assume these "flying cars" would be twins since they'd have to be big enough for Dad to be able to get the kids and bags in it for a vacation, but they'd need to be light too for a short landing/takeoff distance...

I don't think the public really knows what goes into flying an airplane...even when I got started, I assumed it was "point the nose down the runway, pull back to go up, pull back harder to go down" HAH...not at all..plus what about when sh*t hits the fan?

Anyway...I'm gonna get back to Star Trek...that's my rant for the hour...

-mini

Latest resources

Back