• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Jumpseating FAQ's

I'm fittin' to raise up and get my travel on... Got a few questions for you airline types that I cant find using the search function.

I'm a pilot for Shuttle America (united express) I'm wondering what airlines would allow int'l jumpseating for offline pilots. I'm very much interested in carribbean and south america travel on US Airways, Ameican, and Delta. Can anyone let me know if the above or any other airlines allow int'l jumpseating to that part of the globe?

I've also heard that there are some airlines (dom. and Int'l) out there that will let pilots occupy the flight attendant jumpseat if all the pax seats are taken. Can anyone confirm this rumor and let me know which companies do this? If you want just PM me if you wish to keep the info on the downlow! Thanks Much!

Last edited:
Why not talk about it? Not like its a top secret thing. I'm not talking about cass or actually being in the cockpit. i'd be in the back just like any other joe schmoe.

I suppose next time i'm in the terminal I could just walk up to each airline's counter and ask them to pull up the rules for jumpseating international. But, that would be very time consuming at the least, time that could be better spent on a beach with a cold one in my hand and my girl by my side. Thus I ask these questions in an aviation forum where I know pilots from airlines other than my own routinely share info with each other.

With regard to contacting the jumpseat coordinator, been there done that. As you know real life jumpseating often differs from whats in black and white. I'd like to hear from others that have made sucessful trips out of the country on the jumpseat as mine have all been domestic as of now.

Not trying to start a fight here, just another brother trying to score a ride somewhere warm and relaxing. -Cheers!

Latest resources

Back