Jumpseating Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fr8Dog

I am currently flying Part 125 and was wondering if anyone lets us 125 guys ride on them? Particularly I was wondering about Skyway Airlines, Chicago Express, American, Comair, United, Air Wisconsin and Northwest since I am between Detroit and Flint and would be just jumpseating back to Milwaukee, Madison, or Appleton, WI. I will be checked out 121 in a couple of months so then it won't be a big deal, but I was just wondering about my chances of getting a ride before then would be like. Thanks

Jumpseat

Well I don't know anyone that wouldnt let a good ol Cornvair driver jump but as the rules go it has nothing to do with the equipment flown and more to do with Union jumpseat agreements. Just a guess but I could be wrong IFL still has very few agreements with scheduled carriers. (oh yes big brother is watching).. Last but not least if the badge you carry doesnt look familiar gate agents are hard pressed to let you past there reign. Best thing to do is get a jumpseat agreement list and try to tackle it from that side. Since you guys have a legit 121 now you may be able to have someone contact the company(that you wish to jumpseat on) and have something set up.. I know M.C. is a busy guy but I think he is still warmblooded.Just a joke. SEEYA.

Hi!

NWA and MidEx have lists (it's much harder to JS if you're not on the list-though not impossible).

I'm pretty sure that Skyway doesn't have a list, and will take anyone with the proper credentials. I'm not sure about AWAC.

USAir and their commuters are pretty open to jumpseaters, in general, but I have no idea if they have a list or not.

You may have to hub through ATL, but AirTran flies in to Flint and MKE-that might work.

ATA does NOT have a list and will take anyone with the proper credentials.

AA/UAL/Cont & feeders all have lists, I'm about 100% sure.

Cliff
GRB

Even though you have some 121 over there at IFL, if you aren't on the jumpseat list you'll be hard pressed to get on. Once you tell the gate agent who you work for, you might get a pretty strange look from them and they'll tell you to go away. If you can get down the jetway and talk to the Capt. you might have a shot.

Like MadDog said, get M.C. to make some phone calls and try to get on some lists. It'd make your lives alot easier!!

If all else fails, it's only an 8 hour drive from PTK to central Wisconsin. Best of luck to ya....

No not company business at all. I am orignally from and have family in Souteast Wisconsin, and just moved to Pontiac, MI. Ideally I would like to get home about every month to every other month.

Fr8Dog,

If you tell me the name of your company, I can tell you if you're on NWA's list.

Tref

Latest resources

Back