Jumpseating on AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avrodriver

Just wanted to again thank AA for extending unlimited jumpseats to the pilots of Air Wisconsin as well. So just where can we jumpseat these days? Is it still US, Canada, Meixco, and Carribean?? Are places like Costa Rica allowed? South America, europe? Thanks!

As a furloughed AA pilot, I too would like to thank them for extending this privilege to other carriers.

Now if we could just get them to extend it to their OWN FURLOUGHED PILOTS all would be right with the world.

Thanks for NOTHING APA/AA.

furloughfodder said:
As a furloughed AA pilot, I too would like to thank them for extending this privilege to other carriers.

Now if we could just get them to extend it to their OWN FURLOUGHED PILOTS all would be right with the world.

Thanks for NOTHING APA/AA.
Are you saying their own pilots can't jumpseat???

I fond that hard to believe.

Could you please site a source for this info? I can't find anything about AA taking unlimited ZW jumpseaters in the PIFs or on the message board. I too would also like to know about international jumpseating options on AA.

Thanks

theflyingcondor said:
Are you saying their own pilots can't jumpseat???

I fond that hard to believe.
No joke. Just ask any Furloughed AA Pilot if they can jumpseat on AA...most don't even have ANY travel benefits whatsoever.

Last I heard (sat the 18th) it was only Alaska/Horizon Usair, and comair. With more to come. I hope Delta and united!!

Furloughed pilots = No ID cards = No jumpseats, AA or anywhere.
Guess that would be an FAA reg.
Not sure that any furloughed pilots, from any carriers can jumpseat?

AA would not let us J/S as active pilots either, only if the cabin was full, THEN ya get on the J/S with no charge.

Otherwise ya pay a service charge for riding in back.
After 5 years seniority ya get free rides in coach.

Having jumped the A-300 and the MD-80 a few times, I would rather sit in the back for a small charge..Some nasty J/Ss on them craft.:(

B-757/767 and 777 mucho better in the jumpseat, armrest and all.

Our MEC has confirmed that we now have an agreement...there is a link on the awac board. Whether that info has made it to AA pilots who knows. AD

p.s. Does any one know the answer to my orig question????

Could someone explain to me why the airlines that feed American as a codeshare such as Chautauqua, Trans States, and Corp Ex are not allowed the unlimited jumpseat. I am sure that Eagle would be allowed, but none of the connection carriers. Yet airlines like those mention above with no affiliation with American are allowed. What gives?

Fly Safe.

Latest resources

Back