Jumpseat dress code reminder....(ATA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LJ-ABX said:
What is the current dress code at SWA for jumpseats? Seems like most airlines have relaxed them quite a bit over the past ten years, or so...

According to the FOM, You can wear blue jeans... "if they are of a 'pressed appearance'"

So, getchr Wranglers out boys.

-Fate

LJ-ABX said:
What is the current dress code at SWA for jumpseats? Seems like most airlines have relaxed them quite a bit over the past ten years, or so...

Flightdeck Jumpseat Dress Code​

• Male, Southwest Airlines Employee—business suits, flight uniforms, or

sport coat and trousers are preferred. Slacks and collared casual shirts or
dress shirts are acceptable. Denim jeans may be worn provided they
present a neat, clean and pressed appearance. Socks are required.
Sneakers or jogging shoes may not be worn. Shorts and T-shirts are not
acceptable.
• Male, non-Southwest Airlines Employee—same as Southwest Airlines
Employee except that denim jeans may not be worn.
• Female, Southwest Airlines Employee—business suits, flight uniforms, or
dresses are preferred. Pantsuits or skirts and slacks with casual or dress
shirts are acceptable. Denim jeans may be worn provided they present a
neat, clean and pressed appearance. Socks or hosiery are required.
Sneakers or jogging shoes may not be worn. Shorts and T-shirts are not
acceptable.
• Female, non-Southwest Airlines Employee—same as Southwest Airlines
Employee except that denim jeans may not be worn.
• Jewelry—all visible jewelry must be conservative and modest in size and
style. Earrings may be worn only by females and must conform to the
preceding restriction. Other than the above, no visible body piercing
jewelry shall be worn.
• Facial hair—goatees are acceptable. Beards are not acceptable.​

Do you guys really care that much? He made it past the gate, that is all that should matter. I would take him anyday.

J3CubCapt said:
Hey ATA folks, help me out here....

LAS-PHX Friday 11Aug06
We were boarding when a ATA pilot came in the cockpit asking for a "Cabin only" Jumpseat. I KNOW this is NOT the norm, but he was wearing Teva's, Shorts, and a open Hawaiian shirt.

The CA said, "I'm going to let him ride because its a "Cabin Only", If it were Cockpit, NO WAY"

I know what you are thinking about SWA, but please remember, dress as I would be expected to dress on your airline.

J3

WTFO. Talk to your CA about your problem with it then if that doesn't work hand it over to the SWAPA jumpseat committee. Why did you feel compelled to put this on flightinfo? If you were trying to imply that ATA's pilots have a jumpseat etiquette problem with this you are mistaken. Every ATA pilot that has flown on my flights has been professional in behavior and appearance. We have a good relationship between the groups as far as jumpseating goes. Many SWA folks depend on ATA and many ATA on SWA for commutes. Let's not let this turn south. If this happens again use the appropriate channels.

If this is really a problem for you and not just a flame attempt, I suggest you contact your Captain and suggest that he get in touch with your jumpseat committee chairman. The SWA JSC is a straight shooter and will handle it accordingly.

mach zero said:
If you were trying to imply that ATA's pilots have a jumpseat etiquette problem with this you are mistaken. Every ATA pilot that has flown on my flights has been professional in behavior and appearance. We have a good relationship between the groups as far as jumpseating goes. Many SWA folks depend on ATA and many ATA on SWA for commutes. Let's not let this turn south. If this happens again use the appropriate channels.

Dude, What the H3LL are you so upset about. I am only trying to point out to EVERYONE at ANY airline to remember to dress accordingly. I'm NOT taking any shot at ATA. Why cant this be an open channle to talk? I thought this was a "Discussion Board" where adults could discuss things.

Latest resources

Back