Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HA25

Tokyo Tokyo!
been a while since I've had to j/s and bring bags with.... I wonder, what is the normal max permitted number of bags you can bring with you on the j/s? For example... if you have a 22" roller, a 12"x12" duffle and a leather flight bag and/or medium briefcase, is that too much? (talking about 737 and larger planes)..?

Also, is it possible to gate check when j/s and get your bags at the top of the stairs? or do you have to claim at baggage claim?

thanks for the info/tips..

(BTW.. I have to pack for like 15-20 days at a time, so it's hard to do with just one bag..)

Alaska will give you a Claim at Gate. Standard bag rules apply to size and number.

been a while since I've had to j/s and bring bags with.... I wonder, what is the normal max permitted number of bags you can bring with you on the j/s? For example... if you have a 22" roller, a 12"x12" duffle and a leather flight bag and/or medium briefcase, is that too much? (talking about 737 and larger planes)..?

Also, is it possible to gate check when j/s and get your bags at the top of the stairs? or do you have to claim at baggage claim?

thanks for the info/tips..

(BTW.. I have to pack for like 15-20 days at a time, so it's hard to do with just one bag..)

You can gate check if you like, but it will be tough getting through TSA in the first place if the bag is too big or over the carryon limits.

You can gate check if you like, but it will be tough getting through TSA in the first place if the bag is too big or over the carryon limits.

TSA has no authority to tell you how many or what size bags u can take. I routinely take my snowboard through. If the agents give you poblems just talk to their supervisor. As we all know, many times they like to act more important than they really are.

yeah, no intention to go over the normal limits size for carry on.... 1 22", 1 small duffle and a leather flight bag... but the problem (as you know) is that a)planes are totally full now a days, and b)as a j/s you're the last one on and there is no space left on the plane... it's quite frustrating how hard it's become to non-rev these days..

If the flight looks really good for getting on you can also just check your bag for free. At least you can on UA. I did it 2 weeks ago, no problem. Only thing is then your limitd to gettinhg out on UA.

If you feel you're pushing it, stop by Starbucks and bring a couple of drinks to the agents. After that, you can pretty much bring a shopping cart onboard.

If it's AA, bring a couple of cat toys for the FA's ;)

Latest resources

Back