Jump Pilot wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GoingHot

Today, I was offered a full-time Jump Pilot job, but I can’t take it. I’m flying jumpers at another Drop Zone, and doing other things. The position is with a start-up skydiving center in New York-Long Island.

They want an “Experience Jump Pilot” with at least 500 total time to fly their C-182 five to seven days per week for the jump season. Probably about 15+ flight hours per week, with most of it on Sat and Sun. Pay is $10 per load. I have flown for several drop zones, and $10 per load is about as good as it gets for a C-182. I don’t know how many loads per day, but from my experience, a drop zone like that one will do 6-12 on Sat and Sun and 3 or 4 on week days. I have flown as many as 14 on a Saturday.

Also, they can arrange a place to stay on the airfield for very little $$.

I don’t want to put out their names and numbers here, however, if anyone with jump pilot experience is interested, PM me and I’ll give you the stuff.

They asked for experience, but personally, I don’t think its necessary. Maybe it has something to do with insurance. Everything you need to know can be learned from diverdriver.com, or from the current or former Jump Pilots on this site. After a couple of loads, you're good to go.

Latest resources

Back