• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

John and Martha King Held By Gunpoint Over Aircraft Tail Number

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big deal, Her Afro had GOT to be bulletproof.

Martha's hot.

How stupid can the police be? They didn't think to check the flight plan information or FAA registry first. They just stupidly point their weapons at 2 innocent people. I didn't have much confidence in the cops before this. Have these people even had a high school education? I suppose if any of these idiots had opened fire on either of the Kings, they would have been put on paid leave.

How stupid can the police be? They didn't think to check the flight plan information or FAA registry first. They just stupidly point their weapons at 2 innocent people. I didn't have much confidence in the cops before this. Have these people even had a high school education? I suppose if any of these idiots had opened fire on either of the Kings, they would have been put on paid leave.
Please. The local police most likely don't even know how to access flight plan or registry info. They got a call from an federal agency that said this tail number is stolen, so they treated the people in it as if they had stolen the plane. Same thing happens when a car gets flagged. You see, the police must assume that a felon is going to come out shooting and take measures to protect themselves and do their job. When they don't come out shooting, great. If they do come out shooting, having their guns on them goes a long way to keeping their name from being added to the list of 41 officers who have been shot dead so far THIS YEAR. Go ahead and tell their families that pointing a gun at people during a felony stop is the move of a "stupid idiot with no high school education".

The Problem here is with the Registry, not with the police.

Nobody got shot because when the guns came out, the Kings, being reasonably intelligent people, chose to comply. No furtive movements, no jumping around and acting crazy.
After the suspects are secured is the time to further research the situation. What do you know, they did their job and discovered that someone else had made a mistake and everything is fine. No one arrested, no one shot.

Do you have a high school education? You sound like a 14 year old. Have some goddamn respect for the people that put their lives on the line every day so you can safely go around bitching like a child.

Last edited:
Do you have a high school education? You sound like a 14 year old. Have some goddamn respect for the people that put their lives on the line every day so you can safely go around bitching like a child.

That's original, you say I sound like a 14 year old so I'll get upset and start swearing and maybe even take the Lords name in vein as you have so eloquently done, nice try. It's ironic that you say "Have some goddamn respect". I can't think of a more disrespectful thing to say. The fact remains, the cops acted like brainless lemmings. Don't tell me they don't know how to look up a tail number, are you telling me they don't know how to search the internet? There's these handy things called "search engines." Maybe you've heard of google or yahoo. Try typing tail number or N number or even airplane number into google. One of the first sites that pops up is the FAA registry, that should be easy enough for these highly trained officers, don't you think? Do you suppose they should have thought to check on a possible flight plan? On that flight plan it would have shown John King, where he was going, when he was going to get there... I hope you can see where this is going. And knowing the Kings, they were probably pretty darn close to being on schedule. Doesn't sound much like the actions of a criminal does it. I don't care if anyone on the local police force has heard of John or Martha King, there are too many reasons for a coherent person to realize that these are not criminals stealing an airplane. By the way, thanks for the compliment on being 14, those were great times... :)

Please. The local police most likely don't even know how to access flight plan or registry info. They got a call from an federal agency that said this tail number is stolen, so they treated the people in it as if they had stolen the plane. Same thing happens when a car gets flagged. You see, the police must assume that a felon is going to come out shooting and take measures to protect themselves and do their job. When they don't come out shooting, great. If they do come out shooting, having their guns on them goes a long way to keeping their name from being added to the list of 41 officers who have been shot dead so far THIS YEAR. Go ahead and tell their families that pointing a gun at people during a felony stop is the move of a "stupid idiot with no high school education".

The Problem here is with the Registry, not with the police.

Nobody got shot because when the guns came out, the Kings, being reasonably intelligent people, chose to comply. No furtive movements, no jumping around and acting crazy.
After the suspects are secured is the time to further research the situation. What do you know, they did their job and discovered that someone else had made a mistake and everything is fine. No one arrested, no one shot.

The time to do the research is before you point a gun at somebody (unless of course they come out with a weapon guns blazing which clearly wasn't the case here.) What if this had happened (see below) and John would have caught one would you still be so sure the police were just "doing their job." It is up to the police to ASSUME the guy is innocent. You must be a liberal with this much trust in governmental agencies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VNB7Z40w00

Dirt

Latest resources

Back