Joe Merchant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eagleflip said:
I do not have a dog in the ALPA/Anti-ALPA fight.

I will not, however, allow personal info on our posters to be placed into this public forum. John Pennecamp, as much as I love your namesake, I'll ban you if you post anything like what I just deleted...There is NO room here for such identifiable information and attacks.

Joe Merchant is simply stating his views and positions--logically and within the scope of our rules. You may not like those thoughts, but they are at least presented with forethought and class.

Debate, argue, form opinions. That's what the board is for. Personal attacks are not going to be tolerated.

No other warnings, ladies...

Moderator:

I do not appreciate your condescending tone nor being called a lady. If you are going to spank me for making personal attacks, then you have a lot of work to do on the other 10,000 posts here that are worse.

Mr Moderator, I believe you should ask your peers about the last out of control moderator, that Iflyfor food guy. See where pushing his weight around got him.

I believe that your subjective interperation of the forum rules is way off and suggest that you calm yourself down for a while before you too ruin your reputation of being unbiased. Just because I questioned your banning of a certain member?

And here's another thing. why are y'all going after me and not Bizjet? Bias.

Last edited:
John Pennekamp said:
Moderator:

Mr Moderator, I believe you should ask your peers about the last out of control moderator, that Iflyfor food guy. See where pushing his weight around got him.

I believe that your subjective interperation of the forum rules is way off and suggest that you calm yourself down for a while before you too ruin your reputation of being unbiased.

John do you know who Iflyforfood is? It is the 112 FO rep. and the most powerful person on the ASA MEC in terms of roll call votes. Not someone I want speaking for me. Think about that.

JoeMerchant said:
John do you know who Iflyforfood is? It is the 112 FO rep. and the most powerful person on the ASA MEC in terms of roll call votes. Not someone I want speaking for me. Think about that.

Huh. I thought the 112 Captain rep had the most votes. Regardless, if you don't like your ALPA reps, then recall them.

And why are you not now banned for releasing personal information on
Iflyforfood. Eagleflip double standard?

John Pennekamp said:
Huh. I thought the 112 Captain rep had the most votes. Regardless, if you don't like your ALPA reps, then recall them.

Depends on how many pilots have been hired in the past year. If we haven't hired many then the FO rep has more because most of the non-members are captains. However as they retire or as we hire more pilots, it will shift back to the Capt. rep.

Recalls at this point would be a waste of time. However the TSA, Mesa, and NWA MECS have all had recall movements, some successful and some unsuccessful, all in the past few months. They all center on the debate between "holding the line" and "living to fight another day". The recalls will change nothing - at the end of the day we are all going to have to compete with each other because apparantly ALPA doesn't have the will nor the ability to stop it.

john - did you miss your medication. You have been an absolute jackass to joe. Do you think throwing personal information on a public forum is kosher?

JoeMerchant said:
Depends on how many pilots have been hired in the past year. If we haven't hired many then the FO rep has more because most of the non-members are captains. However as they retire or as we hire more pilots, it will shift back to the Capt. rep.

Recalls at this point would be a waste of time. However the TSA, Mesa, and NWA MECS have all had recall movements, some successful and some unsuccessful, all in the past few months. They all center on the debate between "holding the line" and "living to fight another day". The recalls will change nothing - at the end of the day we are all going to have to compete with each other because apparantly ALPA doesn't have the will nor the ability to stop it.

Newhires don't count because they can't vote... they're apprentice members.

As for a recall, it doesn't matter if it's a waste of time. If you think you have the votes, go for it. If you don't, then kindly return to the silent minority.

crjskipper said:
john - did you miss your medication. You have been an absolute jackass to joe. Do you think throwing personal information on a public forum is kosher?

Maybe so, but nothing I said is untrue. "Joe's" background is relevant to the debate because it explains his hatred toward ALPA and our MEC. He has a personal agenda.

JoeMerchant said:

Joe,

He was elected by the pilots and so were you. There is a difference--he actually does work for our pilots while you do nothing for anyone but your older lady friend. You should be the last person to sit in judgment of anyone. I certainly don't want you speaking for me. You are a waste of good air some descent person could be breathing. You love to post your title. If you hate ALPA so much why don't you resign? I know the answer--you like the LEC Sec/Treas. title better than BOY TOY! LOLLOLOLOOLOOOOOOOL HAHAHAHAHHA

John Pennekamp said:
Newhires don't count because they can't vote... they're apprentice members.

Thats why I said it matters how many people we have hired in the past year. Apprentice members don't have a vote. Most non-members are captains. If we don't hire many pilots in a year, there are more roll call votes on the FO side. If we do, as during growth sperts, then there are more captain votes. Get it?

John Pennekamp said:
As for a recall, it doesn't matter if it's a waste of time. If you think you have the votes, go for it. If you don't, then kindly return to the silent minority.

You are the reason I don't like unions. Unions have a mob mentality to them. If you disagree with them they try to silence you. I'm not going to bother with any recall efforts. ALPA is a total failure as far as I'm considered. If you want to prove me wrong, by all means do it. I would welcome some ALPA victories - I don't see any. I'll make you a deal, improve my pay and my working conditions without ASA shrinking to the competition and I will take everything I have said about ALPA back.

John Pennekamp said:
Maybe so, but nothing I said is untrue. "Joe's" background is relevant to the debate because it explains his hatred toward ALPA and our MEC. He has a personal agenda.

Just about everything you have said is untrue, but that is par for the ALPA course. I don't hate ALPA, I think they are incompetent - there is a huge difference. ALPA means well, but so do liberals. Meaning well and doing well are two different things.

Latest resources

Back