Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

J41 Pilot

Hello everyone,

I just lost my job today and was wondering if anyone has any info on corporate/charter flying jobs in the Long Island, HPN, TEB area. I'm typed in the CE-650.

Sorry to hear the news!

Lots of that going around lately. Seems like the 135 companies at FRG and ISP are always looking for some help. Of course they usually want 5k TT, 1500 in type, your left nut, and a small gratuity for the pleasure of their company. Forget about the fact that the rate of pay coupled with the cost of living in the area means you'll be eating ramen noodles for the next decade.
Sorry man, its been a bad week for me too and I just needed to vent. Feeling your pain, if your still interested I seem to recall Millionaire TEB was looking for some Lear F/O's a month or two ago.

Good Luck!!

Check out www.avcrew.com for opportunities - I thought I just saw a posting for a Hawker 700 job in the NY area - - not sure if a type is required...

Good luck

Lumber Yak said:
Check out www.avcrew.com for opportunities - I thought I just saw a posting for a Hawker 700 job in the NY area - - not sure if a type is required...Good luck

AvCrew Job Post:

Hawker 700 Captain (NY/CT) 1/20

Established flight department, with over 10 years servicing the same family, is seeking to hire a Hawker 700 Captain in the New York/Connecticut area. Flight department is adding a Hawker 700 to compliment their Falcon 50. Looking for a Hawker rated, motivated individual to be lead Captain on the 700. Good pay and benefits. Falcon 50 type rating, and experience operating in Aspen and Sun Valley is a plus. Hawker rated pilots should email a VIRUS FREE resume to [email protected].

Give it a try anyway, you never know what might happen :)

As a NY area based pilot, I can tell you there ARE jobs out there....yes, I bet they are competitive these days, but being local and being rated seems golden these days (more so local). With your time I suggest hitting the charter operators at TEB (Does MilliionAir still have Citations?)
One bit of advice, dont just knock on doors these days, call first, fax resumes, etc....I hear people seem less friendly to drop in's these days, in fact I know a few larger Pt91 operators that a drop in will NOT get a second look....seems dumb to me, like these guys were never hittin' the bricks for work ya know?.....

good luck!

Thanks for the info guys. I know that there are alot of operators in the area and will start calling them in a few days when the shock of losing my job wears off. I know about Million Air TEB, I have a friend who knows some people there making some calls for me.

Thanks again!

Just found this!!

Hope it leads to something good!!!!

Apothecus Aviation, LLC
Oyster Bay, NY

Position: Pilot ( Part 91 & 135 )

This position is open until: filled

Qualifications:
Type rated in CE-650 Minimum of 3000 TT, 500 Turbine

Misc:
Corporate flight dept. looking for SIC/PIC type rated in CE-650. Great working environment, operated Part 91/135.
Top salary and exellent benefits for the right individual. Position avialable immediately.
Email resume or fax to Human Resources at 516 624-8201 Attn: Neil Stiebel

What happened

I live in NJ. Just curious what happened. I do contract work out in LI and might be able to help.

What happened

I'm sure that everyone is curious as to what happened. I would rather not go into details on a public forum.

Thanks again to those of you with job information.

Latest resources

Back