Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pattern-Master

so get outta my way
Looking to get out of the airlines, it's not for me. Any charter or corporate jobs available around the Orlando area? Thanks.

We might be looking

Not sure but we may be looking to add another pilot. We have a BBJ and Citation X PM me and I'll give you the CP email address.

Hughes Supply is now owned by Home Depo. I heard they want a type rating in hand but who knows. They are located on the east side of ORL. Showalter is the FBO. Good luck.

Southern Air Systems

Southern Air is looking on climbto350 for a C90 drvier in Tampa right now. If you have membership on climbto350, check the last month or so worth of listings, there were a few corporate ops especially from PC12's to KA90's & 200s around Ocala, Orlando and Tampa adevertising. If you go corporate be prepared to be on call and on the road and ask all the questions you can from pay to possible schedule. I did corporate before and as much as I liked Florida, it would take a mess load of cash to go back to corporate lifestyle in order to return. Flight Express is cool as a temp until you find something better, Satsair is trying to get pilots in Orlando and the surrounding area and they are looking to move into Eclipse jets in the next year or so I hear. Hope this helps.

Southern Air is looking on climbto350 for a C90 drvier in Tampa right now. If you have membership on climbto350, check the last month or so worth of listings, there were a few corporate ops especially from PC12's to KA90's & 200s around Ocala, Orlando and Tampa adevertising. If you go corporate be prepared to be on call and on the road and ask all the questions you can from pay to possible schedule. I did corporate before and as much as I liked Florida, it would take a mess load of cash to go back to corporate lifestyle in order to return. Flight Express is cool as a temp until you find something better, Satsair is trying to get pilots in Orlando and the surrounding area and they are looking to move into Eclipse jets in the next year or so I hear. Hope this helps.
I was actually looking into Satsair and i'm hoping they open up an Orlando base soon, sounds like a good deal if they offer that 4 on 3 off schedule.

Satsair

Well in the last class in October, a friend of mine went to it for Sats and said out of 9, 7 busted their checkrides, he decided not to do his so not to have it on his record. The issue was the avidyne and 430's apparently. Interesting enough, most of the class was ex heavy drivers from Fedex to United. they basically said not enough time spent on the avionics training. He said that you start 5 on/2 off and you maynot end back at you home at the end of 5 so you spend time traveling back home, 1 full day at home then back on the clock. All in all, once they are staffed fully the 4on/3 off would be more likely. I looked at them myself, I would love to get back to florida but not being a primmadonna, I did enough single engine and need the multi.

Well in the last class in October, a friend of mine went to it for Sats and said out of 9, 7 busted their checkrides, he decided not to do his so not to have it on his record. The issue was the avidyne and 430's apparently. Interesting enough, most of the class was ex heavy drivers from Fedex to United. they basically said not enough time spent on the avionics training. He said that you start 5 on/2 off and you maynot end back at you home at the end of 5 so you spend time traveling back home, 1 full day at home then back on the clock. All in all, once they are staffed fully the 4on/3 off would be more likely. I looked at them myself, I would love to get back to florida but not being a primmadonna, I did enough single engine and need the multi.
I actually instructed in the cirrus for awhile, so i'm familiar with the avionics and overall handling of the airplane. The commuting is getting old for me right now, so just looking for something near home. Quality of life is more important to me!

Latest resources

Back