Job Postings by Idiots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greed

Is it me or are there man jobs posted that are lacking many of the required details? I read an ad that requested that the applicant was current in type and willing to relocate if not already living in the area. The ad did not mention the company, aircraft type or even the country the position is located in. Really???

Must have been written by the HR person

Is it me or are there man jobs posted that are lacking many of the required details? I read an ad that requested that the applicant was current in type and willing to relocate if not already living in the area. The ad did not mention the company, aircraft type or even the country the position is located in. Really???

Must have been written by the HR person

So apply, apparently you are qualified...

...for a job that has already been filled but needed an ad posted.

I hear this a lot, why did an ad need to be posted? Are you saying that it is for legal reasons? And if so what reasons?
I know that at my company if we have an opening and someone already in mind we never search outside or post any type of ad. And the few times that we posted an ad we had so many resumes and drop ins we will never do it again.

I hear this a lot, why did an ad need to be posted? Are you saying that it is for legal reasons? And if so what reasons?
I know that at my company if we have an opening and someone already in mind we never search outside or post any type of ad. And the few times that we posted an ad we had so many resumes and drop ins we will never do it again.

The state my company is based in is a right to work state so no ad or other consideration is required. In other states, I believe you set yourself up for a lawsuit by not advertising. Not sure if it's Equal Opportunity Act stuff or not.

The state my company is based in is a right to work state so no ad or other consideration is required. In other states, I believe you set yourself up for a lawsuit by not advertising. Not sure if it's Equal Opportunity Act stuff or not.

Intesting, I have never heard that before. I guess I don't see how if I owned an airplane I could not be the one to decide who I want to fly it.

Used to work for a public traded company and was told by HR that in order to prevent the appearance of favoritism or not being "fair" they must post a job for a certain amount of days. It's an EEOC/trial lawyer thing.

I studied this years ago so it may have changed some but.... In effect, taking only internal recommendations for job openings was once ruled discriminatory and thus most companies now post externally. The theory was if your company had nothing but old white guys for employees....those old white guys were friends with nobody other than old white guys....and would recommend for every opening nothing but other old white guys....so the employer was discriminating against anyone who wasn't an old white guy by using internal recommendations. It is all about diversity you see...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back