Jetstream 31

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FalconPilot69

It looks like I am going to have the opportunity to start flying a Jetsteam 31 along with a King Air 200 and was wondering what some of the quirks are with the Jetstream. If anyone could give me some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

That airplane will teach you to fly, especially if it's not equipped with an autopilot. You can't take your eyes off of it for very long when hand-flying. Very maneuverable and agile, tough to land smoothly (on a consistent basis).

It's not the best platform for passengers, mainly due to the cabin noise and short wing design. I flew the 3200 series for three years with ACA, in some of the worst Northeast weather imaginable (with no automation whatsoever).

It will improve your scan tenfold. Buy a good noise-canceling headset. I had a first generation Telex unit and it worked very well in the Jetstream. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it.

Someone once told me that if you dropped a set of car keys from a Jetstream at altitude, then let go of the yoke, you'd beat the car keys to the ground.

Sounds like my kind of airplane! That comment alone makes me want to fly one at some point. The Lear 24 is on the list somewhere too. Although with all this RVSM crap coming up in a year, I may never get the chance.

I flew them alot. Do not get below 120 knots on final or you will be another statistic. Hopefully you will have a 32 not a 31.

So Long..

I also flew that POS. If you're flying corporate and don't have the pod under the belly for luggage, I hear it becomes a much more stable aircraft.

I'd give you some pointers but have repressed all memories of that beast... except for the smell of dirty gym shorts the packs spew out.

Beer&Brauts said:
I'd give you some pointers but have repressed all memories of that beast... except for the smell of dirty gym shorts the packs spew out.

Ahhh the packs... brings back vivid memories of smoldering, burnt, well-used athletic socks. How well I remember that! :(

Also, let's not forget "spike" ... my personal nickname for the pressurization controller.

Latest resources

Back