Jetblue Vs. Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sluggo

Wondering your take on the two, if bases or $$ weren't an issue. Career progression and job security (I know..Ha Ha) would be issues.

Also, just curious if there are any rumors going around about a merger between JB & F9?

Thanks,
Sluggo

Here we go again

Hey Sluggo, you been hired by both airlines and are wondering which class to accept?

sluggo said:
Wondering your take on the two, if bases or $$ weren't an issue. Career progression and job security (I know..Ha Ha) would be issues.

Also, just curious if there are any rumors going around about a merger between JB & F9?

Thanks,
Sluggo

Unless you have an offer-in-hand from both, it's all academic and a waste of bandwidth. IMO.

sluggo said:
Wondering your take on the two, if bases or $$ weren't an issue.

I would say Frontier is better than Jetblue in the same way that death by hanging is better than death by disembowelment.

Just kidding! I've got nothing against either airline. And no, I didn't fail to get hired after an interview at either one.

I'm a happy newhire at F9, FWIW. It seems to me that, aside from the obvious geography question, it comes down to a question of acceptable risk. JB is growing very aggressively, F9 very conservatively. I, for one, will be happy to fly the right seat for five years (instead of one), so that I can fly the left for 18 (instead of ???). It's a roll of the dice, either way. As was posted above, it's all academic unless and until you've been offered jobs by both carriers. I had narrowed my list to F9 and WN . . . F9 called first. I'm not nearly arrogant enough to turn down F9 under the assumption WN would hire me. Good luck!

sluggo said:

Thanks,
Sluggo

Neither. Go back to school and learn something else to get out of the industry. Seriously....unless you can get on at FedEx, UPS, or SWA or maybe even CAL. You can neglect the logbook at those 4 Co's. for a while. At F9 or JBLU, you have to keep those books polished. Nothing against either one. If you have no other job and must pick one of the two for a paycheck, I'd think you'd be better off at F9.
Man, I just realised something. Giving aviation industry employment advice makes me feel sleezy. Like Dateline NBC should be downloading what I just typed. Feels like I'm trying to peer pressure you into trying that new synthetic drug that will certainly scar you for life.
Anyway, believe me when I say I'm not ususally a pessimist but whatever decision you make..........it will be the wrong one. Sorry.

D-Bo

sluggo said:

Thanks,
Sluggo

OK. Like I previously said. I'm feeling sleezy. So...
F9 v JBLU?
Let me ask you this.
Can you answer with an emphatic "NO!" to the question of "Have you ever been involved in a murder for hire plot?" without breaking into a sweat or uncontrolled eye twitching?

Latest resources

Back