• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Vote....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depending on how many cards are turned in will determine if there is a vote. *-Note, I'm neutral on the subject, just stating a fact.

Last edited:
Depending on how many cards are turned in will determine if there is a vote. *-Note, I'm neutral on the subject, just stating a fact.

Just curious, why you are neutral? Have you had personal input on any of the 'improvements' in the last year or so?

How can anyone be neutral at this point? You either believe the company will make the necessary changes or you believe the process has failed. It's really that simple.

-Your retirement is at least 35% behind
-You have no scope
-You have questionable at best merger protection
-You will be bankrupt if you go on LTD. The new program is a complete slap in the face.

Everything we have is a result of some other union carrier's contract. We have been riding on the coat tails of the industry. It really is no wonder some pilots at other carriers have denied ours a jumpseat. I don't advocate a jumpseat war but it's time this group get together collectively and take charge of our careers.

B6....what a crock of #$%&.

So when JetBlue decided to give out unlimited cabin jumpseats and allow others to ride in our FA jumpseats, even while it still isn't reciprocated, that is riding the coattails of whom?

Just because we have things that are in other pilots contracts doesn't mean we need a union. At least half of us came from union shops.....that had scope and retirement. Guess what? Scope cost me my job and my union gave away my retirement. A union guarantees a process and nothing more. And the process continually evolves in favor of the airlines that control the union....read UAL and DAL.

A350

To answer the original question of the thread without getting into a pissing contest, the card campaign is in full swing. ALPA will wait until they get a good majority of cards before they go to the NMB. 50% + 1 is not good enough. ALPA is in no rush. They simply want to wait and see if and when they will get a decent majority. The target number for interest cards is not being divulged, but feel free to speculate.

So when JetBlue decided to give out unlimited cabin jumpseats and allow others to ride in our FA jumpseats, even while it still isn't reciprocated, that is riding the coattails of whom?

Just because we have things that are in other pilots contracts doesn't mean we need a union. At least half of us came from union shops.....that had scope and retirement. Guess what? Scope cost me my job and my union gave away my retirement. A union guarantees a process and nothing more. And the process continually evolves in favor of the airlines that control the union....read UAL and DAL.

A350

You and I worked for the same crappy legacy carrier. Please tell me how scope cost you your job? What process do we have now? Fact, your previous carrier was bankrupt twice in three years and was about to go that way again. Why is it so hard for some of you to get over the past? We need a union and we need to be profitable, it's really simple.

Will be awesome to have no union when AA comes to buy, or USAir, or what about Republic..(yes I know Midwest had union, but most of the pilots were already on the street)
I would want some kind of a contract with the company and a legal department.

So you get unlimited cabin jumpseats (industry standard) as given by management and that makes the LTD, poor retirement, pay, work rules acceptable?

That is it? Just unlimited jumpseats is all it took for you?

A350
Would you not rather have a union, your own representation, that goes through a process, and decides collectively what to do... meaning, at least you have a chance to influence decisions that effect your career, then simply allow management to make unilateral decisions on your behalf?

What about representation on Cap Hill? Are you comfortable having the ATA represent you?

It really is no wonder some pilots at other carriers have denied ours a jumpseat. I don't advocate a jumpseat war but it's time this group get together collectively and take charge of our careers.

Please stick to your (generally) good arguments. Statements like the above are irresponsible and do nothing to further the cause of ALPA here at JB. Our jumpseat policy is much better than most carriers and every OAL pilot I've encountered is truly appreciative of that. They, in turn take care of us when riding OAL.

Latest resources

Back