Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bsip03

Hi,
Can someone please explain to a poolie the travel benefits currently in place at Jet Blue?

Specifically, any cost and limitations to immediate family members, parents, and if any "buddy passes" are available to extended family (brother, sister, mother-in-law).

PM or post, thanks!

Day 1 you get travel privileges. Your spouse, significant other, girlfriend (only one of those three ;)) as well as your parents and your children can be signed up for the travel benefits as soon as you fax the documentation to the correct place. I had it all done within the first week or two of class. Just make sure to bring photocopies of birth certificates, marriage licenses, etc.

No cost to fly anywhere on jetblue for you or anyone on your account, except for departure taxes in some foreign places like the Caribbean, mexico.

Dont quote me, but I dont think you can have in-laws or siblings on your regular travel account, BUT you can give them buddy passes to fly. Which would have a cost attatched to them depending on the trip.

You are isued 4 buddy passes per quarter (for the in-laws, siblings, friends, etc. Parents/wife dont travel on buddy passes) and they are good for 1 year.

We have pass agreements for tons of airlines, and the rules are specific to each agreement. Most require you are with the company 6 months before your beneficiaries can travel on their airline with a ZED pass.

Last edited:
I have never looked, do why just accumulate unused buddy-passes indefinitely or do they expire after some time?

Make sure you beat that bag smasher with a whopping four weeks longevity to 'check in' 24 hours prior to the minute otherwise he may beat you and your family out of a seat.

My dad's retired DAL and I think their NONREV system is far superior to our egalitarian one.

It was a while ago, but I've also had the pleasure of having a FA hand me (I was traveling with wife) a pair of blue gloves as if I was going to clean the plane with them. I dropped them on the seat and went on my merry way.

We also have some nutjobs who think that every non-revving online crew must check in at the cockpit for a ride.

With the exception of the TV's, I'd almost prefer flying on another airline and often do in order to avoid many of above issues.

Enjoy, YMMV.

You can designate a spouse and a significant other. We don't judge your "lifestyle" choices.

Recently we had an audit of the system and you had to prove your domestic relationship. That came in the form of tax records, bill summaries, marriage certificates or something that showed you are your partner were somehow sharing a bill/home etc.
Good or bad the airlines policy has been very liberal in the past but they have chosen to reign it in a little.

As for someone with no parents in-laws are still not allowed.

Latest resources

Back