jetBlue stock split?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

firstthird

My home page showed jetBlue at 34 something today and I though it was 50s yesterday. Did a little checking and found somewhere it said it split on 11/20 (yesterday) but didn't say if it was a 2:1 or a 3:2 (more likely I think)

Anyone know what the deal is? some of the financial sites aren't showing a split but show max price around mid 40's in the last year vice the mid 60's. a little confusing for a pilot like myself.

Was it a 3:2 split and has it been in the works and everyone knew it was coming or is it one of those things that management does when the time is good w/o much notice. And yes I know that splits neither create or get rid of value, just realy change the phsycology of buying the stock for the most part.

Yes, it was a 3:2 split that was announced a while ago (1st week of October?). Any share holder holding stock as of Nov 10th, was affected with the split that took place at opening bell today.

Firstthird

To answer your other question, management keeps their decisons close to the vest now that we're publicly traded. However, all employees were made aware of the split over a month ago.

Our management is great about getting information out to all employee groups before any press release. I know you've read it before, at jetBlue there is as much of a symbiotic relationship as possible in this business. I swear. I'm not drinking kool-aid at the moment, just a Coca-cola.

Happy landings

Thanks for the info. I thought as much just my stock ticker (yahoo) was less than clear about what had happened.

I'm a big coke fan too. Maybe we should start a Coke vs. Pepsi poll, we've got polls about everything else on this forum it seems.

Latest resources

Back