Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mkay?

Who's your Daddy?
Has anyone heard that they might start an "express" type regional to staff the Embraers? I heard this today and can't find any mention of it on this board. I thought that they were planning on keeping the flying "in-house" so to speak. I guess time will tell.

The EMB 190 aircraft will be flown by jetBlue pilots. There will not be an "express" division started to fly them. Same seniority list, same name, same leather seats with Direct TV. Just another type of aircraft on the property. 2x2 seating, 25 rows, 100 total seats.

First delivery coming Aug, 05. Firm orders on 100 with options on another 100.

Jetblue guys, what is the latest adventure with a crew base out of Long Beach?

31 crews with around 120 F/A's.
Day trips up to 4 day trips. Prelim bids show relatively senior pilots (for captains). Around 7 are less than #100 (seniority). Remaining pilots up to #359.
F/O's rank about 6 pilots in the #200-300 in seniority. Remaining are in the 400s to #591.
Around 5 reserve pilots.

According to the chief pilot, the hot tub facilities request was indeed turned down by our company real estate division.:D

Great detail in answer!

Can you give one more thing? What's the ballpark # of the most junior person on property (and as of what date)

Thanks!

bin LAAidoff said:

Can you give one more thing? What's the ballpark # of the most junior person on property (and as of what date)

The junior most pilot is somwhere around #680-690 and is in ground school. Due to be on the line in late August.

While the info is flowing, a couple more questions. Are there any predictions of how big the Long Beach base will eventually be? Is there any word yet whether the EMB's will be primarily an East or West coast operation, or an even mix?

Thanks

Info

foofighter said:
While the info is flowing, a couple more questions. Are there any predictions of how big the Long Beach base will eventually be? Is there any word yet whether the EMB's will be primarily an East or West coast operation, or an even mix?

Thanks

As far as LGB, it is hard to predict. The biggest limiting factor is that LGB is slot controlled (by the city) due to noise ordinances. As of today, JB has rights to 27 of the 41 total slots available. We currently have 4 (maybe 5, I can't remember) on "loan" to AA to keep them at bay from suing the city for unfair business practices. They (AA) claim we (JB) scarffed all the slots and they couldn't get any. Of course, nobody wanted them at all just 2.5 short years ago before we started service there. But that's a long story as well. But in regards to the crew base growth, it is the lilmiting factor.

As far as the EMB-190, more than likely it will be an even mix. To far off to be certain, but we will more than likely spread that baby all over the US, in under served markets, connecting them to larger markets, and so on and so forth. None of this is a secret. It's pretty much the same way we set up and run the A320 operation, just with a different aircraft. But to answer your question precisely, no, no official word. Just my crystal ball!

See ya.

:cool:

jb320:

The original 27 slots at LGB have been whittled down to 22 due to lawsuit arbitration (AA/ALK) and recent FAA input. DN mentioned this fact as one of the reasons why the ATL-LGB service will be going down to 1 flight/day after Sept 8th.

As for the EMB-190's I'll make a prediction that you could see ONT become a possible base for the type. While JBLU hasn't done much out there, the region is growing (demographics/population) more rapidly than any other location in SoCal. Mayor Hahn's proposal to expand LAX will most likley get stiff-armed or cancelled outright by opponents, leaving ONT to fill the long-term demand. EMB-190's could fill many of the west coast short-haul markets that have been/will be forfeited at LGB in exchange for more transcon expansion to BOS, ORD, etc.

Perhaps a SoCal base for JBLU operating 190s and A320 from both ONT and LGB could be a reality in three to five years.

I know, I know I'd probably be better off expecting pink elephants to come flying out of A$$. :D :eek: :eek:

Latest resources

Back