JetBlue/Sept.10th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdude

Just curious if some of you guys that have JetBlue interviews on Sept 10th could post your qualifications?
So that some of us can gauge whether we are competitive or not.
For all of us hopefuls.

Thanks.

I have 8000 hours

3500 in 727...1200 left seat

approx 5500 hours right seat (727,737,A320,F100,E120)

2200 total PIC

Typed in 727, 737, A320

Bachelor of Science Degree

37 years old

Can't get an interview.....must not be competitive.

But I'm still tryin'...:cool:

Second Chances

I was extremely fortunate to be granted an interview with jetBlue on Sept. 10th. After watching David Neeleman on C-Span over the weekend, it only confirmed my desires to work for this awesome company and the culture that it fosters. This company has it right. It is night & day from the major that I'm furloughed from. Here are my qualifications.

Total Hours: 6,000
PIC: 3,300
All in heavy aircraft, most of it in the military in the C-135 airframe.
B.S. & M.A. in Management
I know a few people that fly for jetBlue.
Submitted application in Mar 02.

Good luck to all!

crjdude said:
Just curious if some of you guys that have JetBlue interviews on Sept 10th could post your qualifications?
So that some of us can gauge whether we are competitive or not.
For all of us hopefuls.

Thanks.

CrjDude,

Now that you have an interview, the competative edge (hourly experience) does not matter. The "competative" hours are what determines who gets interviews, not who passes them and goes to Phase II. In other words, the playing field is now level going into Phase I.

In all but a few cases, applicants that pass Phase I and have no major flaws in their background check (unreported violations, DWI's, etc) are almost always offered a position. We really don't have hiring quota's or limits.

If you were trying to feel the competition out to see where you stand, that's your choice. But, it's all up to your personality now, not how many hours your peers have.

Good Luck!

I'm just guessing, but I'll bet the column they look at first on the online app. is "Multi Engine Jet PIC". Then total PIC and the overall amount of heavy time. I think they are looking for captains, or people who were fairly recently captains. Thus C135 Backer with 6000 TT and 3000 PIC heavy time gets the call, while RU hiring and other guys like him and me with tons of total time and heavy time but relatively little PIC time don't get the call. In my case, my 70 hours of 737 F/O time every month are probably not doing anything to enhance my chances of an interview.

But at least you are still flying.... Hey, flying an EMB-190 for Jetblue in a few years still wouldn't be a bad thing - if you had to wait for it...

Heavy Set said:
But at least you are still flying.... Hey, flying an EMB-190 for Jetblue in a few years still wouldn't be a bad thing - if you had to wait for it...

That's funny... I thought you wanted to work for Coca-Cola.

JayDub

hello jetblue320,

I don't actually have an interview yet. just wanted to kind of get a feel for the credentials of the folks jetblue was calling in. Just trying to see where I fit into the grand scheme of things I guess.

Still got my fingers crossed of someday getting the call, or should I say the email.

Anyone else care to post their times, education, etc......

crjdude said:
hello jetblue320,

I don't actually have an interview yet. just wanted to kind of get a feel for the credentials of the folks jetblue was calling in. Just trying to see where I fit into the grand scheme of things I guess.

Still got my fingers crossed of someday getting the call, or should I say the email.

Anyone else care to post their times, education, etc......

OK, I gotcha. I misunderstood you.

Good luck and I hope you get the E.

See ya

Latest resources

Back