• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can you make a song about peeing on someone?....

How can YOU make a song about peeing on someone?

Dave Chappelle is great

The rumours are certainly exciting. The A380 is an enormous step, even a 330 is a huge one. The production on the 380 will probablly begin later than anticipated and the deliveries will be filled by carriers that could actually manage to operate them. As of now, the orders are only with airlines who can afford to build longer runways, larger terminals, and most importantly larger ramp areas. I don't believe there is any operator in N. America who can afford to do this, and the airport authorities certainly won't fund a project like that.

JetBlue does not appear to throw money out the window. They feel it is prudent to have their own training facilties and sims, but I don't think they can afford something as grandeous as a 380 program. This is for big money carriers in Asia and the Middle East. Not one carrier in Europe has shown interest in the 380 except for Lufthansa; which leads to the fact that a low-cost carrier has no real chance of doing this. Also with RVSM coming to the US next year, that big mamma would probablly trigger TCAS warnings whenever you get near it.

On the other hand, I heard a year ago that the 330 was a possibility. This too is big, real big........and the reason JB makes cash is because they don't do big............which has killed a lot of carriers.

>> As of now, the orders are only with airlines who can afford to build longer runways

Airlines don't build runways, airports do.

>> and the airport authorities certainly won't fund a project like that

Aviation Week recently reported that LAX said they will be ready for A380 operations.

>> I don't believe there is any operator in N. America who can afford to do this

FedEx is a launch customer of the A380-800F.

>> Not one carrier in Europe has shown interest in the 380 except for Lufthansa

Virgin Atlantic and Air France are both launch customers.

However I'm sure all your thoughts on JetBlue getting the A330/A380 are deeply researched and carefully reasoned.

Oh nevermind, Skygod beat me to the punch!

Come on G4G5, You just took all the fun out of the rumors with a researched, backed up, detailed post. You KNOW that is now how it work here....:D

Hi!

I read that ATL is preparing for the A-380.

Cliff
MCI

For all those who think we don't pay for our airplanes, why wouldn't we get 330's or 380's, or better yet, both? ....Just borrowing your 'logic' for a few carefree seconds. On the other hand, lets get real again.

Latest resources

Back