Jetblue Q of life?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dart

Can anyone tell me how thwe scheds are, days off...you know the reg stuff! Also how is first year pay with normal flying maybe with alittle o.t.

Thanks guys..just tryin to figure out what to do. I have an interview on the 29th of june.

PM me with details.

I don't know what guys are getting first year total. 47/hr 190 51/hr 320. But we just started a "long call" reserve program. I'm on my 2nd day of reserve...at home (ATL). Reserve now won't be as bad as it used to be. We only have to spend a couple days...if any...in the crash pads. You can pick up trips while on reserve too.

First year pay is 47/hour for both planes. Anything over 70 hours (except vacation and paid drops) is time and a half. Second year 190 pay is 50/hr and the bus is 57/hr (base rates). Reserve guarante is 75 hours and that includes 5 hours of "premium pay". So the short answer to your question is first year pay at a minimum will be around $3640/mo. Training pay (1.5-2 months) is I believe $2500/month with hotel included.

Pay will go up if you hold a line, adding at least another 5 to 10 hours/month of premium pay. Once you get to that point, the bus trips are more productive and there's far more to add or even swap day for day to get higher productivity than in the 190 simply because there are far more trips (JFK only). The smaller bases are like the 190, your line is your line with considerably less opportunity to add or swap compared to JFK although it can still be done.

Headfake's post is some good info, however I would add that the ability to consistently get long call is linked to the fact that both planes are pretty much properly staffed on the FO side. When things get lean there can be many months of almost zero long call. I absolutely would not expect to only spend a couple nights in the crashpad (much less none) as a reserve, even with proper staffing. No matter how fat we are (and we're not THAT fat on FO's anyway) the ammount of long call days you can get are limited, so whether or not you fly you will still have to sit JFK reserve several days per month. If staffing gets lean, you will come to know your crashpad very, very well, especially on the bus which tends to be short staffed more often than the 190.

Min days off is 12. Lineholders of course usually get a lot more. To answer your other question, if you work a little extra (I assume you meant picking up an extra day or so of extra flying but not to the point where its all you do) then you can maybe push 60k or a tiny bit more first year, IF you get a line fairly quick. You know the pay rates, you do the math. I don't want to throw too many W-2 figures at you, but you can calculate how much money you could make.

Some variables to consider:

The bus will pay a good bit more second year.

Reserve on the 190 will likely be a higher QOL but less $$ than bus reserve.

Length of reserve does not seem to be dependant on fleet type, but rather when you get hired onto either given fleet type. It goes back and forth and varies radically. I caution you on attempting to predict this variable.

If you are willing/able to live in base, your QOL will skyrocket here. That's probably true anywhere, but we have tons of productive trips that aren't commutable, and as a rule they go pretty junior. In addition to time saved not commuting, you will be getting higher daily productivity a lot sooner and more days off a lot sooner than otherwise. Also your ability to pick up a trip or additional reserve coverage day for extra money will be 10 times more flexibile living in base.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited:
...what he said.

...forgot the first year rates are the same now.

I think those of us on the 190, at least for the next few months, might have a few more "long call" days available. We appear a bit fat on the 190. No classes on it till July-ish...or so I've heard.

thanks guys for the info...i just finished all the "home work" last night. Hopefully the interview will go well!!

Blue skys

good luck man

Latest resources

Back