• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilot News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JB guys. Im was on the second to last class before we stopped hiring. I have been trying to register into bluepilots.com and it doesnt recognize my crew # or my name for that matter. Can any of you guys guide me to the right direction so I can register. Please PM me.
Thanx

Don't think that's right. It's only 35% to have a vote, but most organizing efforts wait until they have significantly more to petition for a vote. More than 50% have to then vote for representation for it to succeed. Whichever agent receives the most votes will represent the group.

You are correct, sir. Only 35% required to hold a vote. However, most unions will wait until a significant majority turn in cards. ALPA doesn't like to disclose what their threshold is, but I can say that it's quite a bit higher than 35%, and even quite a bit higher than 50%. I would imagine that the JBPA is probably using similar benchmarks before petitioning for an election. Just because they haven't filed doesn't mean that they haven't gotten a majority of the cards.

I wish the JB guys luck on this. I've been seeing a lot of JB pilots with the JBPA stickers on their bags, so that's a good sign. Is the JBPA still looking for donations from pilots outside of JB?

That's great that they decided to go internal, but I hope that one of the first things the JBPA does is get a JBPA-PAC started.

As someone else mentioned, CAPA-PAC already exists. NPA, IPA, SWAPA, etc... are already member airlines. It's not exactly very powerful, and doesn't really get any attention from CapHill like ALPA-PAC does, but I guess it's better than nothing.

As someone else mentioned, CAPA-PAC already exists. NPA, IPA, SWAPA, etc... are already member airlines. It's not exactly very powerful, and doesn't really get any attention from CapHill like ALPA-PAC does, but I guess it's better than nothing.

I agree PCL, but trying to convince 95% of the guys on this forum about the effectiveness of any of those groups vs. ALPA and/or the ALPA-PAC is pretty much wasted time! ALPA took their pensions, ALPA furloughed them, ALPA gave them paycuts, ALPA is the reason we have age 65, etc., etc., is pretty much the norm on flightinfo.com- as you well know. So if they at least give to any PAC that represents the interests of airline pilots, even if they're not as effective as ALPA-PAC, it's better than nothing as you say.

I'm curiuos how these wonderful union organizers at Jbpa got my address without my permission. What's next a couple of 300 pounder's showing up at my front door with a card to sign in hand? I was on the fence not any more.

Latest resources

Back