• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilot jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I HATE that our system is setup to have to make you call a number to JS. There should be no requirement for this to JS...I don't like it.

Sorry for the headache guys.

It isn't required to call, it can be done at the airport at the gate, at the just ask desk etc., etc.

As for calling in, I do it all the time with AA, really not a big deal and they are mostly always kind enough to "give the odds!"

It isn't required to call, it can be done at the airport at the gate, at the just ask desk etc., etc.

As for calling in, I do it all the time with AA, really not a big deal and they are mostly always kind enough to "give the odds!"

Cue Jim Carrey....."So you're saying there's a chance!!!!"

I called JB (801-365-2500) last night to list for a J/S, and the person said that they no longer do that, and he trasfered me over to general reservations. Can somebody confirm which is proper way to do this?

I called JB (801-365-2500) last night to list for a J/S, and the person said that they no longer do that, and he trasfered me over to general reservations. Can somebody confirm which is proper way to do this?

I just emailed our jumpseat committee and they sent me back the following:

The number is 888-538-2997

May also direct them to the following link which covers most airlines procedure: http://www.jumpseatinfo.org/JumpseatResources/AirlineJumpseatPolicies/tabid/797/Default.aspx

Negative: A jumpseater is always required to check in with the CA, seat in the back or not. It is appreciated that you request a ride not state that you are riding.

WELCOME ABOARD!:nuts:
Dude, give it a rest....If they are in the back they are just another non-rev...I always made a point of telling the gate agent to tell cabin jumpseaters not to bother....they are a guest of the airline not the captain....up front of course is" a whole notha thing"

Dude, give it a rest....If they are in the back they are just another non-rev...I always made a point of telling the gate agent to tell cabin jumpseaters not to bother....they are a guest of the airline not the captain....up front of course is" a whole notha thing"

You could not be more wrong.

If you had any sense of history, or any sense of how much negotiating capital went into the jumpseat policies of today you would realize jumpseating is jumpseating, no matter where your asss actually sits... Unless, of course, you paid for a pass, which you didn't.

Your advice is going to embarass someone, if not get them kicked off their flight home/to work.

Last edited:
There is something called professional courtesy. Also I let the captain know I am on the back just in case he or she needs my help. Again, courtesy.

We will just disagree then. I don't care if they gave you a seat on the wheel well, you still need to check in. If you could care less that's your boat.

You could not be more wrong.

If you had any sense of history, or any sense of how much negotiating capital went into the jumpseat policies of today you would realize jumpseating is jumpseating, no matter where your asss actually sits... Unless, of course, you paid for a pass, which you didn't.

Your advice is going to embarass someone, if not get them kicked off their flight home/to work.

There is something called professional courtesy. Also I let the captain know I am on the back just in case he or she needs my help. Again, courtesy.

What these guys said is correct.

Latest resources

Back