JetBlue Open houses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DLconnection

For those who have attended one of these open houses, what can a person expect? I have heard that JetBlue likes to treat it as a casual meet and greet atmosphere. Do most of the applicants that attend wear a suit or dress slacks and a nice tie/golf polo?
What do most people bring? Just resume and cover letter? Logbooks?

For those who have attended one of these open houses, what can a person expect? I have heard that JetBlue likes to treat it as a casual meet and greet atmosphere. Do most of the applicants that attend wear a suit or dress slacks and a nice tie/golf polo?
What do most people bring? Just resume and cover letter? Logbooks?

That's funny. I was going to post the same question when I got up today. See you tomorrow!:beer:

Jet Blue Open House

Very casual some where suits but the majority polo and nice pants. No need for logbooks, just a few copies of current resume. You will get your questions answered about Jet Blue and take a tour of the facility. At the end you will get some time with a recruiter.

Good Luck it is a good time

The next thing that I have is that the open house starts at 10 tomorrow and runs up to 2pm. I would be going down there on a pass and the flts tonight are horrible. Tomorrow looks great, but I wont be able to get down there until around 11am. I read that there is shuttle service from MCO to the open house starting at 9 and running every 20mins up to 1pm.
Showing up early and ontime shows these recruiters that your are really serious and excited about working for them. Would showing up around 1100-1130 look bad on my part?

they usually have divide everyone into 3 groups. If you get there a little later you will go into the next group. You will see a recruiter at the end. First is a tour, then a hr presentation, then the recruiter.

I went to the O.H. in April. The attire was split about 50/50 on how many folks wore suits. I did... figuring I'd rather be the only one wearing a suit than the only one not!
If you don't make it there on time, don't sweat it. It really is an open house atmosphere, where they take groups of tours around and show the facility, give a presentation and then at the end you get in line to speak to a recruiter.
Definitely bring plenty of resumes. They have been known to pull people aside for an on the spot interview, so bringing your logbooks, passport, and certs isn't a bad idea. Again, just like the suit, I'd rather have them and not need them than the other way around!
Enjoy!

When I went to the O.H. Febuary it was very laid back. People were coming and going throughout the entire day wearing anything from jeans and polo to uniform to suit. I was in the middle of a trip and had my uniform on and no resume because I wasn't scheduled to fly into MCO. Verna asked me to e-mail my resume to her and I am now scheduled to interview on June 9th. I would never wear jeans and a polo, but anything professional should fly just fine and would bring several resumes.

Good Luck!

casual...I did...I don't remember seeing any suits at the Feb open house. I really don't think they're paying attetion to that.

It's NOT an interview...it's an open house. Dress casual and comfortable. Some guys in my class were in casual and did one of the on the spot interviews.

good luck fellas

Latest resources

Back