Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: PHC?

BMD said:
What is the PHC? What is their criteria for washing people out of phase two? Just trying to learn more about the process. BMD

The PHC stands for Pilot Hiring Committee. It is comprised of 5 folks; The President/COO, the Senior VP of Ops, the VP of People, the Chief Pilot, and the Director/Manager of Flight Training. If you want their actual names you can find out if you research it but I won't post them here. Two people that often get mistaken for members of the PHC are Dean and Carletta. They are not, repeat not, part of the PHC so there fore they do not participate in the "final word". Yes, they are extremely involved, but they don't make the final decision.

The PHC's criteria is simple in nature but very difficult to use especially since they are looking at papers and not the individual applicant themselves. They simply have to determine if the candidate is "the right fit" using our company values as a guideline. It's a tough job for sure. All they have to go by is papers like LOR's (both printed and the online rec's), resume's, background check data, and most importantly (IMO) the notes that the Interviewer's took. They do not have any quota's or "slots" to fill and what that means is if they look at 20 candidates and they like them all, 20 job offers will go out. It works both ways as well. Those same 20 candidates could get rejected.

We don't have a pool like a few of the other airlines but the process can take up to 6 months from interview notice to class date.

Here's a tip: if you get rejected, and I hope you don't, don't give up. Quite a few Pilots on the property now had 2 interviews. It shows a lot about a persons character and attitude when they "get right back on the horse" so to speak. In this case, the horse makes you wait 6 months but believe me, it is worth it. I've been there since Day One and I live it everyday and have absolutely no regrets, whatsoever!!

Good Luck.

Ditto JetBlue320.

Remember, it is 6 months from interview NOT rejection letter. So, those of you in this position have likely already seen 3 months pass from interview date.

Good luck!

Hey everyone I did get the letter saying no thanks. I also have a clean background and cant figure why I made phase II but no offer. Only thing I can think of us is I had NO internal letters of rec. I do not know one JB pilot but I scored the interview. In any case I enjoyed comming to JFK and was treated well. I will be keeping everything up to date and hope for a call again after march when 6 months is up. Congradualtions to everyone who did get an offer.

It's great when a guy gets a new job....They're so upbeat and full of "the love". Just like a good budweiser commercial.:D

Latest resources

Back