• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue/LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think noname is right this move is about being ready to jump on some new routes and new cities in the coming future. More gates might open up sooner than y'all think.

And please... fly your freakin airplanes and you would know that the Song menu changes each month... there is no sushi no more! We'll, at least til they add it back again.

Michael Knight,

Are you sure? Not even on the JFK flights to LAS? I really don't order that on the flights anyway, but I was pretty sure I saw some with a passenger a couple weeks ago...????

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

PS. I also am interested in how jetblue will get the slots and gates at LGA. Will Dave Neeleman be Hillary's VP in 2008? What is going on there? Also, when the wx goes down--LGA and EWR really seem to take it in the shorts--more than JFK I think.;)

Dave has a lot better taste than that(the bed thing I don't want to repeat), but as far as EWR goes, you can keep it.

The rumour I heard is that we have secured 2 gates at the marine terminal that DAL is not using and the port authority wants to lease them out. Again, thats just what I heard. Dont know if its true.

It doesn't work that way.

Who remembers TWA operating just one daily flight of their JFK domestic terminal? Just to keep the entire terminal. One flight a day met the PANYNJ requirement and their was nothing they could do about it.

DAL first has to surrender those gates, Not happening. They purchased those from Pan Am for millions over a decade ago. Does someone actually think they will just give them up?

The only way into the Marine air terminal is if DAL leases those gates. To B6, highly unlikely. The PANYNJ has specific rules about gates. They are leased, bought, sold and even mortaged BUT NOT given back.

Slots are very different. They are offered up if and when they become available. What happens is the PANYNJ first advises the carrier that they need to use the slot or surrender it. Then if the carrier decides to use it, the slot is no longer available.

This is why airlines like AMR have purchased Biz Express and TWA, for thier gates and slots.

Bethune is on record as wanting to expand his LGA presence. He consistantly tries for more slots. CAL even holds the right of first refusal on the USAir terminal. If they go CH7 CAL has the right to move in the next day. They purchased this right from Eastern at the BK auction(according to the WSJ).

Other LCC's like ATA and Spirit will also want any part of those 10 slots that come up for auction.

IMHO, this is just B6's way of forcing the legacy carriers into using all of thier slots (like AA did at LGB).

Use it or lose it.

Last edited:
Cal still has the first rights to the USAir gates at LGA. That is the reason Expressjet tried to expand there in 2000-2001 time frame, but with the delays rippling thru the system just disrupted the ops on the east coast and they finally stopped this before September 01.

found in the 10k filing 4/22/03

We remain contingently liable until December 1, 2015, for US Airways' obligations under a lease agreement between US Airways and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey related to the East End Terminal at LaGuardia airport. These obligations include the payment of ground rentals to the Port Authority and the payment of principal and interest on $182 million par value special facilities revenue bonds issued by the Port Authority. US Airways has not yet decided whether to assume or reject the lease in its bankruptcy. US Airways is required to remain current on all obligations under the lease that arise after the filing of bankruptcy until they make such decision. If US Airways defaults on these obligations, we will be required to cure the default, and we would have the right to occupy the terminal after US Airways' interest in the lease has been terminated. If US Airways rejects the lease, we will become liable for all obligations under the lease and will have the immediate right to occupy the terminal

Just thought I would share what you apparently dont know. Cal still owns the terminal and gates, USAir didnt buy them in 1993.

ex208driver said:
found in the 10k filing 4/22/03

We remain contingently liable until December 1, 2015, for US Airways' obligations under a lease agreement between US Airways and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey related to the East End Terminal at LaGuardia airport. These obligations include the payment of ground rentals to the Port Authority and the payment of principal and interest on $182 million par value special facilities revenue bonds issued by the Port Authority. US Airways has not yet decided whether to assume or reject the lease in its bankruptcy. US Airways is required to remain current on all obligations under the lease that arise after the filing of bankruptcy until they make such decision. If US Airways defaults on these obligations, we will be required to cure the default, and we would have the right to occupy the terminal after US Airways' interest in the lease has been terminated. If US Airways rejects the lease, we will become liable for all obligations under the lease and will have the immediate right to occupy the terminal

Just thought I would share what you apparently dont know. Cal still owns the terminal and gates, USAir didnt buy them in 1993.

Thanks, I knew that I read it somewhere but I could not fnd the exact verbage.

So that leaves nowhere for B6 to operate 10 flights a day out of LGA. Unless B6 offers to purchase the gates from USAir. I believe that his is possible because Bonderman has listed the Shuttle for sale with associated gates. Even if that is the case they will not come cheap. USAir is highly unlikly to lease out the gates because of their current financial situtation( 1 mill a day loss). They need the big cash up front, in order to satisfy the ATSB minimum cash requirements.

Their is no space in the NWA-DAL terminal. Their is no space in the C and D finger gates that AA owns. The A and B fingers are dominated by the LCC's, each of which, like CAL want to expand.

Even if 10 slots were available, any current LGA resident would have preference with the PANYNJ because the have the gates facilities and personal to operate the slots.

I just can't see Delta giving up any gates at the MAT (Marine Air Terminal). They haven't cut the number of flights per day out of the MAT, only downsized the aircraft sizes. (from 738 to 737-300G and occasional CRJ for extra pax) I doubt it. LGA is a tight fit and maybe they could buy a couple expensive gates from USAir....?

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back