JetBlue Jan 11/12 interview news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATR-DRIVR said:
I pulled the mailbox out of the ground when I got home. I'm not taking any chances......
Excellent idea...[/quote]
That's some funny stuff. Good luck to you. Just don't hurt my commute out of ATL when you get the job. BTW, this place rocks.

Purgatory info........

Hi, All,

First of all, good luck to all who interviewed. In our briefing the following items were discussed, and here are the answers:

1) E-mails will go out within 1 week for ALL notifications, so you'd better get a bag of Quickrete and put that mailbox back up.:blush: The DHL courier will not be coming this month.

2) Phase 2 purgatory is now 10 to 12 weeks, so more patience will be necessary. There are approximately 90 candidates from November wating to finish the process (very soon).

3) Classes to be filled from these interviews are April through June, depending on how long the background checks take.

Once again, best wishes to all candidates!

Thanks USAV8R. That is great info! But now I need to have my wife open the emails from JetBlue because Ill be too scared to click on it. Any idea of how many of the 110 to 120 interviewees will be needed to fill the slots?
Thanks,
SRT

There is no predetermined number of pilots needed from any interview session. No quotas, no minimum number, no maximum number. Candidates are not competing against each other. If all pilots make the cut, then 100% are passed on to phase 2. If none of them do, then 0% would be passed through. When the individual interview teams turn in their results, the total is tallied. Sometimes an interview team passes all of them on, sometimes less, it just depends on the candidates themselves. The reality is that on any given interview session usually 60%-80% make it to phase 2, at least these are the numbers I have heard over time. It just works out that way, time after time. I don't know what the latest session's tally was, but I would guess it is in this range.

Skirt

Last edited:
Pass rate for 11-12 Jan was somewhere between 70-73%. Notification will go out sometime next week. I'm guessing between Wed and Fri.

backflip

skirt said:
There is no predetermined number of pilots needed from any interview session. No quotas, no minimum number, no maximum number. Candidates are not competing against each other. If all pilots make the cut, then 100% are passed on to phase 2. If none of them do, then 0% would be passed through. When the individual interview teams turn in their results, the total is tallied. Sometimes an interview team passes all of them on, sometimes less, it just depends on the candidates themselves. The reality is that on any given interview session usually 67%-78% make it to phase 2, at least these are the numbers I have heard over time. It just works out that way, time after time. I don't know what the latest session's tally was, but I would guess it is in this range.

Skirt

Given your position maybe you shouldn't post this stuff.

Its healthy for pilots to know they aren't completing against each other in the interview sessions. This type of information is available to anyone who goes to an Air Inc. conference, and interested candidates shouldn't have to shell out money to Kit Darby to hear it.

Skirt

During the Q&A session DM said that you could reapply after 6 months. He also said that quite a few get hired the second time around including some folks that now hold key positions in the company.

Latest resources

Back