JetBlue DFW commute question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dooker

Thinking of applying but before I did I was just wondering if anybody knows of any guys there who have to commute out of DFW area.

If so, is it doable? Hellish?

I'm pretty locked into DFW for the next few years (wife's job, family, etc).

I'd appreciate any heads-up you could give me.

Its not bad at all....DFW to LGA I think ever hour to hour an a half starting at 6 am. LGA to T5 via Kew Cab is $20 with the tip. I call when we land and the car (Towncar) is outside waiting for me...never have to wait. The ride is 15 min on average. There are a few DFW to JFK a day so best of both woulds. Good Luck.

1.......2.......3........and when AMR buys jetBlue you'll be set...........but you'll be fired and all the furloughed TWAA & AA guys will fly your buses and 190's........

A say the latter with sarcasam, but I couldn't resist beating the doomsday mongers to the punch

Thinking of applying but before I did I was just wondering if anybody knows of any guys there who have to commute out of DFW area.

If so, is it doable? Hellish?

I'm pretty locked into DFW for the next few years (wife's job, family, etc).

I'd appreciate any heads-up you could give me.

Are you no longer at FlexJet?

Its not bad at all....DFW to LGA I think ever hour to hour an a half starting at 6 am. LGA to T5 via Kew Cab is $20 with the tip. I call when we land and the car (Towncar) is outside waiting for me...never have to wait. The ride is 15 min on average. There are a few DFW to JFK a day so best of both woulds. Good Luck.

Never got the chance to say thanks.

Thanks.

BTW, how's the commute home?

And can you give me any idea of what a realistic 1st year W2 (excluding per diem) might look like?

I've flown with plenty of pilots who commute from DFW. I also have a few friends there. As far as commuting goes, I hear it's not bad. As stated before, you'll be flying into LGA. I commute in and out of LGA all the time. Plan on spending $20 per cab ride (Kew Cab, including tip) between JFK and LGA. However, if you have time on your hands, you can take the Q Runner for $11 (not including tip) which makes one stop in Kew Gardens.

Based on first year FO pay, I'd say you'll gross between $45K and $50K. Ceck out airlinepilotcentral.com for payscales. When it comes down to it, no one likes to commute. But there are definitely commutes that are easier than others. I also know that some pilots commute on JB through AUS. Hope this helps.

I've flown with plenty of pilots who commute from DFW. I also have a few friends there. As far as commuting goes, I hear it's not bad. As stated before, you'll be flying into LGA. I commute in and out of LGA all the time. Plan on spending $20 per cab ride (Kew Cab, including tip) between JFK and LGA. However, if you have time on your hands, you can take the Q Runner for $11 (not including tip) which makes one stop in Kew Gardens.

Based on first year FO pay, I'd say you'll gross between $45K and $50K. Ceck out airlinepilotcentral.com for payscales. When it comes down to it, no one likes to commute. But there are definitely commutes that are easier than others. I also know that some pilots commute on JB through AUS. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. The commute sounds more than do-able. I checked off the "unwilling to relocate" box on the app. Hope I didn't screw myself.

Thanks for the info. The commute sounds more than do-able. I checked off the "unwilling to relocate" box on the app. Hope I didn't screw myself.

Even though the commute could become a pain every once and awhile, the cost-of-living is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better in the DFW area than in JFK, BOS and Long Biiiiitch. You can actually afford to buy a single-family house in the DFW area and live in a nice neighborhood. In can be very difficult to live in the North East and in Taxifornia. I'd stay in the Big-D. MCO and FLL might work (FLL can get a bit pricey), but otherwise I'd stay in Texas.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back