Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I

IntheShade

I am not trying to start a flame bait here, I just want to know if anyone else heard the same thing I did.

I was told that as a cost cutting measure JetBlue pilots were going to be required to work one day a month in Dispatch as janitors.

Anyone confirm this?

IntheShade,

Wow!

I can't believe it, I heard that Jet Blue's janitors were replacing pilots at your airline. :laugh:

IntheShade said:
I am not trying to start a flame bait here, I just want to know if anyone else heard the same thing I did.

I was told that as a cost cutting measure JetBlue pilots were going to be required to work one day a month in Dispatch as janitors.

Anyone confirm this?

I confirm it. It is in fact a shared position with another crewmember, so it is really just 1/2 a day each. We start July 1st in the Orlando training center, on an off day of course, our one day of Dispatch janitor training. However, we are given positive space to get there.

I heard single pilot ops to China single engine with dogs at the controls and coke machines in the back next to people sitting on lawn chairs in the dark holding flashlights hand cranking generators to power the live tv.

I can't confirm that but I can confirm you may re-apply in six months. I am guessing it won't be successful then either...

We make the Janitors pay for their Janitor Type, we want serious people dangit.

The FAA has even designated a new medical for our Dispatch Janitor position, annotated as the Class 1J. You must have a semi-annual ECG, blood pressure, the normal array of sight and hearing tests, as well as prove that you do not currently have, nor have you attained, bleu janitorus carpal bursitis, commonly referred to as janitor's carpal tunnel syndrom.

Since we only do this one day of the month, and since we only refuel aircraft on our remaining 14-16 days off, well...the chances of acquiring such a dreaded disease is small.

Smaller than, say, your ego.

ATR-DRIVR said:
I can't confirm that but I can confirm you may re-apply in six months. I am guessing it won't be successful then either...

Perfect answer. Thanks. That's all these silly posts deserve.

I believe it's called sour grapes.

Folks get turned down, signup with a new screen name, then start bashing JetBlue. It only proves that our interview process works pretty good.

I guess pilots are too good to straighten a few seat belts, and throw away a couple of coffee cups.

Some people just don't get it.

Again, they was the best reply you could have come up with.

DW

I heard that Professor Joe V. is back from his 12 month tour of Thailand's "lady-boy" clubs.

Starting this string would seem to confirm it.

Dogwood said:
Perfect answer. Thanks. That's all these silly posts deserve.

I believe it's called sour grapes.

Folks get turned down, signup with a new screen name, then start bashing JetBlue. It only proves that our interview process works pretty good.

I guess pilots are too good to straighten a few seat belts, and throw away a couple of coffee cups.

Some people just don't get it.

Again, they was the best reply you could have come up with.

DW

Dude lighten up. It's all in humor. Don't take yourself so seriously.

Latest resources

Back