• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We just had a supplemental system bid come out with about a dozen E190 FO openings. I suppose there will be newhires headed to fill those spots soon. All training for the bid is to be completed by 1/1/13, so that would be newhire classes in Sep-Oct time frame.

From APC:

8/29 5 newhires
9/19 3 newhires

Prob E190s

Really? You're not even remotely believable.

If I were a Captain at a regional, I wouldn't make the move to jetBlue right now.

We've all seen the seniority calculator. A new hire right now is realistically looking at 20 years in the right seat, the worst medical benefits, the worst retirement benefits, and the worst disability benefits, with none of the quality of life "schedule enhancing techniques" that made this place bearable 5 or 6 years ago, oh... and virtually no M&A protections.

If you make the move to come here, I'd bet you'd probably rather get hired at DAL, FDX, UAL, or UPS. Why should they take a pay cut when they can keep their pay and just wait it out at their regional?

The only people that I can say "ok... that move makes sense" is the Comair folks. They have a reason to make the move if they can.

If I were a Captain at a regional, I wouldn't make the move to jetBlue right now.

We've all seen the seniority calculator. A new hire right now is realistically looking at 20 years in the right seat, the worst medical benefits, the worst retirement benefits, and the worst disability benefits, with none of the quality of life "schedule enhancing techniques" that made this place bearable 5 or 6 years ago, oh... and virtually no M&A protections.

If you make the move to come here, I'd bet you'd probably rather get hired at DAL, FDX, UAL, or UPS. Why should they take a pay cut when they can keep their pay and just wait it out at their regional?

The only people that I can say "ok... that move makes sense" is the Comair folks. They have a reason to make the move if they can.

That's their solution - they're not hiring anyone that can make a move to a legacy. SJS is alive an well at Bluejet.

Latest resources

Back