• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is more than one pilot David Torres. I have a hard time seeing the MCO pilot, "Burrito", advocating for this guy.

The second question is very interesting, since it seems pro-company pilots have developed a method to campaign using the company email system without repercussion. Some of them were broadcast to everyone anonymously, but many were sent as "personal" emails. You could do the same by simply creating your own distribution list, but you never know who in management would crack down on you, while letting other traffic continue. Personally, I take a hard stance on this kind of thing, and I think all such traffic ought to be banned outright on the company email system, but it appears some animals are more equal than others here.

Thanks for the info guys...not the same guy I was thinking of, though he would have been a whole other thread by himself, as least appearance wise. I don't know either one personally, but not too fond of one of their "styles". Maybe I shouldn't judge a book by the cover.

Don't mean to hijack the thread back to it's original purpose, but does anyone know where the calls for class are right now? What dates are they calling for and what interviews dates they have reached.I'm Oct 14 2:30pm interview.

Don't mean to hijack the thread back to it's original purpose, but does anyone know where the calls for class are right now? What dates are they calling for and what interviews dates they have reached.I'm Oct 14 2:30pm interview.

Buddy of mine interviewe last week. Just got the phase 2 letter. They told him in the interview that they would be in a Feb or March class.

What were his qualifications? I recently heard some very disturbing information regarding our hiring.

What were his qualifications? I recently heard some very disturbing information regarding our hiring.

My new hire class a few months back was 85% very experienced. The other 15% was so-so with guys with no T-PIC. Don't know about the classes before or after that one.

Personal opinion here, if we have plenty of pilots applying with T-PIC, I can't think of any reason to hire those without. Other than a company strategy to that limits attrition...

Thats what a friend doing interviews recently relayed. Though he can't specifically say what the hiring department is thinking this last round of interviews included some very low time pilots many of whom had zero PIC time. Allow me to clarify one point though, PIC time is not the sole marker of an experienced pilot. We've interviewed many Eagle pilots who have sat in the right seat for 7,8 or even 10 years. These pilots are amply qualified. Our last round of interviews was filled with 3000 on average pilots. This would not garner an interview at any other airline EXCEPT Jetblue.

Regional Capt.
7000 hours plus
3000 TPIC
5000 Jet over 40k lbs
5000 Glass time

What I would call sufficient requirements for sure

Absolutely right. I'm not saying there aren't outliers and I'm not trying to pick in potential interviewee's/new hires. All I was doing is relaying some information. The current path Jetblue hiring and the standards we were held to during our process are not the same going forward.

Other than a company strategy to that limits attrition...

Well....what do you think will happen when the industry starts retiring 1000+/year and NOTHING happens here? Bottom 50% gonna stay because we have a direct relationship? Free pizza? Maybe the stellar health insurance/retirement?

I would submit that a company hiring lower time guys than before also discourages discontent and only adds to the "it's better than Mesa crowd" which of course pads the "No" votes for the next ALPA drive.

Good for JetBlue....bad for those of us still waiting for the industry AVERAGE...not industry leading....industry AVERAGE we were promised.

I would think this approach would backfire horrendously. Those without PIC time might be more apt to leave B6 for a legacy or more secure LCC based on insecurities around our future. They know that their resume won't look as good as those with a few thousand hours PIC and multiple types. Other airlines offer more security as well as recall rights in the event of furlough, that and better pay might be enough to make them split in the next few years.

Only time will tell...

Latest resources

Back