• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue application window is open

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's funny. When we all got furloughed years ago, I don't recall anyone saying that. So instead I like to point out those recall rights were earned. Not luck.

Tail
I wasn't diminishing the dues he paid, I'm just saying it's nice that he's not stuck at B6!
I've been furloughed three times in my 121 career, I can relate.

Last edited:
Not to worry, I got thick skin and appreciate the kind words. I'm not stuck at JetBlue because I enjoy working here and plan to stay. It's not perfect but we're working on it. I wish I could sell my recall right's to the highest bidder.:beer:

Last edited:
I hope nothing I said required thick skin, I was celebrating your options!
That said, if all the promises made by jb had been fulfilled, you probably wouldn't be considering a recall.
It' good to have choices.

"Ahhh...no," right back atcha.

While Democrats may have "traditionally been on the side of labor," in the case being discussed (airline pilots and the industry), the Democrats don't give two sh1ts for you or me, or our profession in general. We make too much money for them to be seen "helping" us, and exist in too few numbers for them to give a crap if we vote for them. Neither party ever does anything to improve our lives, labor relations, or bargaining ability.

And, as Waveflyer used to point out, Herb and many other airline CEOs (I guess we can add RA to that list) have identified as Democrats, and they still seem to keep squeezing the employees to pad their own pocketbooks. Shocker. You'd think a good Democrat would realize how valuable and important we are as "labor," and just shower us with money.

The fact of the matter is that only thing Democratic politicians have ever done for us (airline pilots) is to raise our taxes, exert more regulations and control over our personal lives, and then raise our taxes some more. That's pretty much it. That's all we are to them--a source to be endlessly tapped for more money. And to be honest, I would just as soon do without that kind of "help."

Hey, you want to keep electing Democratic lawmakers, then knock yourself out. But if you really believe that doing so will improve your life, then you are either certifiable, or are just lying to yourself and us.

Bubba

You keep parroting Fox News all you want Bubba. You can't compare what Herb or RA or any other CEO does with labor because those are individual actions taken as a head of a corporation. The Republican party is a collective entity performing collective actions, and as a whole, it has been abysmal towards Labor in general and Union labor in particular. You don't see Democrats introducing legislation to gut unions nor do you see them pursuing Right to Work legislation; which really means Right to Work for Less; ie non-union.

If Republicans had their way, they would outlaw all public sector unions and then go after private sector unions. Scott Walker is a prime example.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...-dividing-and-conquering-wisconsin-labor.html

You keep parroting Fox News all you want Bubba. You can't compare what Herb or RA or any other CEO does with labor because those are individual actions taken as a head of a corporation. The Republican party is a collective entity performing collective actions, and as a whole, it has been abysmal towards Labor in general and Union labor in particular. You don't see Democrats introducing legislation to gut unions nor do you see them pursuing Right to Work legislation; which really means Right to Work for Less; ie non-union.

I'm not parroting sh1t; I don't even watch Fox News. My comments are based on my experience and observations. Yes, the Democrats are traditionally pro-labor, and the Republicans are not. That's not the discussion here. I'm talking the airline industry, and our profession's unions. Current Democratic politicians have done absolutely nothing for our profession, other than raising our taxes, in essentially every sneaky way they could find. Literally nothing else. Seriously, can you name one thing they've done to improve our lives? Do you think if American, or United, or Southwest's pilot unions called a strike, that the most left-wing President to ever occupy the White House would ever allow it? You know, being all "pro-labor" and all? Hell no, he wouldn't.

Like I said, airline pilots are nothing to the Democrats, other than a source to squeeze more money.

Also, 25 states, plus the Federal government are "right-to-work." That includes Texas, the home of American Airlines, not to mention Southwest Airlines, the most heavily unionized airline in the entire country. Also on the right-to-work list is Arizona, the former home of America West/US Airlines, which has had almost more pilot unions than one could count. None of those airlines seem to have any problem getting union participation.

If Republicans had their way, they would outlaw all public sector unions and then go after private sector unions. Scott Walker is a prime example.

Talk about a straw man argument. Can you name a single credible conservative politician who holds a position of outlawing private sector unions? No. There aren't any. And Walker didn't outlaw public unions; he prevented them from bargaining other than salaries. Why?--because too many public sector unions have blackmailed various governments into unrealistic and unsustainable future obligations. At least private sector unions/company bargaining is self-correcting--if the union takes too much, the company declares bankruptcy or goes out of business if it's out of money. A city or state can't just "go out of business" and be replaced by a new entity.

And Walker just added his state to the half with right-to-work. It's not like it's a fringe movement, or "crippling" those states.

But go ahead--keep voting in Democrats. Don't forget to keep increasing your budget for every possible tax imaginable, and be prepared to receive absolutely nothing in return.

You realize that your "proof" is opinion piece from al-Jazeera, not actually a piece of factual news. Right?

Bubba

Why do we need public sector 'government' unions again?
For the same reasons you need them in the private sector. An entity whether it be corporation or government only gets as much union as it deserves.

Latest resources

Back