JetBlue 6/29 Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please dont wear a blue tie....
I cant tell you how many come wearing the blue tie...its almost a joke at this point.

Well, I already bought one. What should I do, wear the same generic interview tie? My thought is if I did that, they would just say "What, this guy couldn't even spend $20 on a blue tie?" I want them to know that I can at least take that tiny little step. Not to show them that I can fit in, but to show them that I think their airline is indeed different from the rest and I acknowledge that.

Just my 2 cents. I doubt that they will make or break me on my tie. I do know that what can break me is giving the impression that I don't really care one way or another about the job.

I have a question..On the PRIA forms, on the top part (part 1 I think) it says something like "To be completed by airline/applicant."

It clearly states in the instructions that the bottom should be filled out by us, but what about that top part? I'm assuming the jetBlue people will fill that out??

nice tie!

Well, I already bought one. What should I do, wear the same generic interview tie? My thought is if I did that, they would just say "What, this guy couldn't even spend $20 on a blue tie?" I want them to know that I can at least take that tiny little step. Not to show them that I can fit in, but to show them that I think their airline is indeed different from the rest and I acknowledge that.

Just my 2 cents. I doubt that they will make or break me on my tie. I do know that what can break me is giving the impression that I don't really care one way or another about the job.

Wear whatever tie you're comfortable with. I honestly don't think it matters. If you already bought a blue tie for the occasion and it goes well with your suit, wear it. I've known people get hired wearing anything from the "tripple threat" (blue suit, blue shirt and blue tie combo) to a double breasted (yeah that's right) charcoal grey suit, a white shirt with a yellow tie. Guess what...all super nice guys who really wanted to work here.

Kudos for wanting to make a positive impression and to show your desire to fly here, but honestly, don't sweat what tie to wear. Put 100% of that energy into telling them why you want to work here when they ask, and show your enthusiasm by being yourself.

And on the off chance you do catch them looking at your tie just blurt out "Hello! My eyes are UP HERE!" :laugh:

Ironcityblue....common, I was trying to have a little fun. You gave away that it does not matter.

seriously all, any tie will do.

Personally, I like this suit....I would recommend it. Ill bet that if you wore it, we would hire you on the spot just for having the sense of humor and balls to wear it.

http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/austinpowers/austin3b.jpg

What about hotels for the interview? Are there any good ones near the JetBlue facility? Where would you guys suggest staying or is there a hotel applicants frequent the most?

I'm staying at the Hilton Garden, based on a rec in a previous thread. They gave me the JetBlue rate of $99/night. I'm flying in from PHX on the 27th, because the redeye isn't for me, and the other flight from here doesn't get in until after 8pm.

Longhorn,
Sent you a PM regarding online Rec letter. Please respond when you get the chance. Thanks,
RWAV

What about hotels for the interview? Are there any good ones near the JetBlue facility? Where would you guys suggest staying or is there a hotel applicants frequent the most?

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express. And no, I don't plan on busting that little gem out in my interview. They got me a rate of $130. Seems like some of the other "jetBlue" rates are hit or miss. I called the Crowne Plaza after someone earlier in this thread said they got one much cheaper, but the best they could offer me was $160.

I come in tomorrow afternoon (6/7) for a 6/8 AM interview. Anyone else gonna be around? I thought there were a few more 6/8 interviews in this thread.

Roomwithaview....did not get it!! Ill keep checking.

Latest resources

Back