Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avrodriver

JetBlue 190's Outsourced???

"adding 50 destinations w/start of EMB190 service ’05... Seeking scope clause relief from pilots allowing RJ partners, not just mainline pilots, to fly 100-pax AC"

This may have been addressed already, but was just curious is there any truth to this?? If it is I really hope you guys don't allow it. That's the last thing any of us need right now. I found this under JetBlue on Air Inc's latest monthly news letter. Thanks AD

Last edited:
avrodriver said:
"... Seeking scope clause relief from pilots allowing RJ partners, not just mainline pilots, to fly 100-pax AC"
Pleaaaase don't do it! Set a precedent, guys! One airline for all flying. Something that should have happened at AMR years ago.

LAXSaabdude.

That does not sound like jetBlue and I certainly have not heard of anything like this. It does sound remarkably as to what U was asking for. Sure the two has not gotten mixed up?

JetBlue Airways: 246/40/20. Hiring 20 in MAR & 200 in ’04. Accepting apps/updates online... Orders/Opts: 1 A320/mo thru ’04... Routes: Increased BOS 1/04; JFK-SMF 3/04; adding 50 destinations w/start of EMB190 service ’05... Seeking scope clause relief from pilots allowing RJ partners, not just mainline pilots, to fly 100-pax AC... Seeking 10 LGA gates for spring ’04... Low-Cost Carriers' Secret (see sidebar)... Reported 1/04 ASMs of 1.38B, up 47% from 1/03 ASMs of.94B... Featured in 12/02 ALPC... www.jetblue.com... IP, LAX JF-A.

Read it for yourself, I've seen these guys get things wrong before......I mean come on...it is KIT DARBY.........same guy that tries to convince everyone there's been some type of hiring boom the last 5 years.........not flaming just making sure there is no truth to this. AD

Last edited:
Yea, and Air Inc has never been wrong or inaccurate before?!

I have no idea what that excerpt is supposed to mean. The plan has always been for the E190's to be JetBlue aircraft flown by JetBlue pilots.

Scope is a word that has ever even been mentioned at JetBlue.

I've been wrong about things before, but I'm sure I'm not wrong about this.

Like I said, I have heard nothing of it, as a matter of fact, the company has been adamant about the 190 being flown by jetBlue pilots. Now, that is not to say, that I am a fly on the boardroom wall, far from it, but this would present a 180 degree departure, from what the company has previously said.

Relax guys, this ain't happening. Our chief pilot informed us 2 weeks ago by email that we (ALL Jetblue pilots) will likely be bidding for positions on the E190 about this time next year.

AirInc. and Kit Darby providing bogus information??? I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say.

Not.

Red :D

Thank you dlredline, that's all I was looking for. I knew this didn't sound right. It's sad people actually pay for the useless information that no talent a.ss clown provides. They give furloughed guys a speacial rate I guess, I use my pop's. AD

dredline,

How popular do you think the E190 will be for current pilots? I have heard that pay for the E190 could be 2/3 that on the A320 for each position. That being said, if the E190 is based somewhere other than JFK, then QOL issues could supercede money issues...

What is the current top annual pay for an A320 Captain (excluding overtime)?

Latest resources

Back