• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblew Is MESSED up!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I have worked for one. And just remember too we won't be able to go below min days off to get 120hrs a month.
IF Jetblue pilots want that and if WE do then that should affect about 50 - 100 pilots now and less in 2014 when 117 drops.

Next ... ghost story!

You mean the same 50 or 100 that complained till they got their MCO base? And if by you mean ghost stories, meaning every major and regional have a min day off clause, then yes those are a lot of stories. I want a union too. I just don't think our group has a backbone. You really think if it came down to we have the group to vote for a strike? Not a chance

You are talking about less than a handful of Jetblue pilots that want to work 25 days a month.

Saying that the ability to work 25 days a month MIGHT go away for these 50 - 100 pilots is a ghost story (scary story). The extreme does not define the remaining 98%.

Do I want to work 25 days a month. Nope! Do I care if you do. Nope. Do I care if the pilot group decides to limit other pilots to min days off during during normal business. I would vote against it. But I don't think any pilot group would spend a dime to allow or negotiate for it to happen. BECAUSE IT IS AN OUTLIER ISSUE especially considering all the other major short falls in our condition of service.

What are you gonna conjure up next" That the big bad scary contract of the past made you take a vacation!!!

Scary stuff!

So you have no problem when you and I are furloughed and guys are picking up open time left and right preventing fellow pilots from being recalled? I know I know ghost stories. Furloughs never happen.

So now it is a good thing whereas a few posts north ago it was a bad thing.

Which is it?

As I posted during "normal business" if you want to work 25 days a month go for it. However it is such an outlier issue that I think the majority is not concerned

So please continue to argue that it is bad and it is good.

Could I ask a clarifying question?

I have heard that premium pay was taken away in the new pea. Yet I have seen other reports saying it was returned to the agreement after the original release.

Which way is it?

Could I ask a clarifying question?

I have heard that premium pay was taken away in the new pea. Yet I have seen other reports saying it was returned to the agreement after the original release.

Which way is it?

"We did not remove premium pay. We just eliminated the 78 hour trigger."
-Actual quote from bluejet management.

Translation: You now longer get paid premium for the hours over 78 in a month. You can still sell back unused PTO time at premium rate, but the era of getting paid premium for flying above 78 is over.

Don't forget merit pay, for the do gooders, w*************************, yes men, super senior, anyone on a secret committee, hangs out with mgmt on their free time, has special favors cause they are one of 'founding fathers"

Name one.

I prefer not use names. Different pay on the PVC. Schedulers providing or breaking apart trips for the "right" pilots. The fact that the company provides a leading edge class for just captains isn't a conflict of interest? I know guys that live in base that have been provided more compensation if they arrive within the 2 hour window. Without a union or CBA there is no one regulate any of this. And don't forget the special work commities that are not up for a vote. Only filled by specific pilots. Oh oh and don't forget those delivery flights that are flown by the same pilots. Or only one base being qualified for the route qualified routes, MDE, LIR, BOG, etc. Or special pilots getting to fly inauguration flight. I know conspiracy stuff

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back